DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PolarPro App

johngilkey

Reactions
I just watched a video on YouTube about the PolarPro app and want to recommend it to your attention. The YouTube URL is:
. It basically recommends ND filter classification and camera settings, but among its other features is a reading of the KP index which I knew very little about but will now monitor closely. The index (see Wikipedia K-index - Wikipedia ) measures geomagnetic storms and could be the reason for some fly-away incidents.

The app is free (ad supported) and gives you basic info such as time, wind speed and temperature in addition to the KP index. In addition it also provides info on still and video shooting settings and recommends the proper ND filter for the speed and aperture you want to use when shooting. Those recommendations are non-brand specific. I have downloaded it and am presently reviewing it. Given the hazard of fly-away incidents, the KP index reading along is worth the time and trouble of installing the free app. Let me know what you think.

You should do a review of photo pills. It's a paid app but so much better. It also has a drone mode it also takes into account the type of drone and camera are you have .The only thing that separates the polar pro app from it is being able to look at your current Mavic photo settings and "easily" select the ND filter but it is still there. if you are looking for perfect lighting then photo pills this app you want. It looks complicated at first but it really is not too bad. You want to shoot the sunset right over the bridge near my house? need to be there May 4th. (as an example). And in my opinion if you have a regular camera too, it is a must have app.

A15CC2F1-DFF0-4F49-B5EE-8920F0E39B19.png113F5AFC-90DE-4F91-B122-26AF61D5F964.png

Reactions: alanwa007 and Jen
I just watched a video on YouTube about the PolarPro app and want to recommend it to your attention. The YouTube URL is:
. It basically recommends ND filter classification and camera settings, but among its other features is a reading of the KP index which I knew very little about but will now monitor closely. The index (see Wikipedia K-index - Wikipedia ) measures geomagnetic storms and could be the reason for some fly-away incidents.

The app is free (ad supported) and gives you basic info such as time, wind speed and temperature in addition to the KP index. In addition it also provides info on still and video shooting settings and recommends the proper ND filter for the speed and aperture you want to use when shooting. Those recommendations are non-brand specific. I have downloaded it and am presently reviewing it. Given the hazard of fly-away incidents, the KP index reading along is worth the time and trouble of installing the free app. Let me know what you think.

The PP app has been updated since Billy's video so you don't need to input your drone or filter collection info. I like the concept of the app but the Andoid version has some issues. The problem I have (Samsung S9) is the locations keep disappearing and temperature changes back to C. I contacted PP and they say it will be fixed in a future update.

The PP app has been updated since Billy's video so you don't need to input your drone or filter collection info. I like the concept of the app but the Andoid version has some issues. The problem I have (Samsung S9) is the locations keep disappearing and temperature changes back to C. I contacted PP and they say it will be fixed in a future update.

Sorry for your continued troubles with the APP. We continue to work on this to provide the best user experience across the IOS and Android Platforms. We hope to release the updates in the very near future!

Hello.

Lately I've been having issues with the PolarPro app weather information.
When I open the app in whichever device (iPad or iPhone) it shows a "Server error, there was an error requesting data from the weather service. Please, reload the page" message , which I have done to no luck.
This is either on wifi of data connection.
Anyone has had the same issue?

Regards

Reactions: Azarov
Hello.

When I open the app in whichever device (iPad or iPhone) it shows a "Server error, there was an error requesting data from the weather service. Please, reload the page" message , which I have done to no luck.

Regards
Yup. I assumed it was an android issue. If I completely close out the app and restart it will usually connect. Might have to try more than once. Per post #4 they are working on an update hopefully that will also help with this issue.

Hey MROJAS & jacquespa,

This is something we are currently working on internally, though that error typically comes up as a result of either a connectivity issue, or a temporary service outage on the back end with the weather data service the app employs. In most cases it will resolve on its own after a short time, however, there are a couple of steps that can be attempted just in case the problem is local on the device being used. The first step is to clear the app's cache and then restart it. Clearing the app's data cache can resolve any hiccups with the software caused by older data the app has retained, so it is typically a good troubleshooting step to try if the app does not behave as expected. If the error does persist afterward, then we'd recommend reattempting at either another time, or in another location. Note that locations with heavy radio interference, such as near a signal tower or military base, may cause trouble with the app's ability to connect to the weather service.

We do have an update in the works for the app, and these errors are being looked at as a part of that process, so we'd also recommend keeping an eye out for that if the error continues in the short term. You can also reach out to our support team for further assistance should you need info on clearing the cache or any other questions you may have. You can contact them here: [email protected].

Thanks!

I have/use the PP app and saw the issue mentioned here with the weather (which I have never had an issue with myself previously). So...I just open the app now and sure enough, there is the 'server error' message!

Hi, I just discovered this app on web, but it´s not anymore on Google play market. May I ask why?
Just checked and I see you are correct. Still have it on my phone though. My guess is they may have removed it because of the issues they are having getting it to work on all the various Android platforms. They claim that they have been working on an update; maybe it will come back when it is finished.

Honestly, I found installer "somewhere else" but it´s not a "clean" solution. I have Android 9 (Galaxy S9+) and it works well, but I´ll be happier if I can download it from the store.

It's not just Canada bud. For some time now the app has been taken down for both iOS and Android, permanently. Here's a link to their excuse on their website. App

You can download others, though. Just look up ND calculator in app store and you'll see there's a bunch to choose from.

Reactions: Krieger’s Drone
Hello.

Regards
Me the same for a week or so. I like the app when it was working.

Here is the reply I received from PolarPro support team.

"Thanks for reaching out to PolarPro Support, and sorry for any confusion about the status of our mobile app. As part of an ongoing attempt to streamline and deliver tools that enhance your creative experiences, we are discontinuing the PolarPro App (our website's app page has been updated to reflect this). Given that is the case we would no longer expect the weather functionality to work as it did before. We pride ourselves in providing creators with the best and most up to date solutions, and given the resources required to maintain the App we have decided to set our sights elsewhere. Don't worry though - we are still dedicated to continuing our mission of providing you with high-quality camera gear, and we look forward to what is to come. If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know."

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1