DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PolarPro gimbal lock for Mavic 2

Was looking at amazon and just hit the button on the sunnylife one should be here by monday. I did notice theres a polarpro one on there too for £24.99 though it doesnt look like its fully enclosed and isnt transparent?

The PP is not fully enclosed, it doesnt wrap around the sides of the pitch motors on the motor assembly. The SL is fully enclosed.

I'm using that lock on my Mavic 2 Pro. It doesn't put pressure on the camera/gimbal and completely encloses it. Love it!

While not an issue for me, some people mention the camera is able to move slightly while the lock is attached (which is does). If that bothers anyone, you could stick a piece of foam tape on the bottom of the cover (on the inside) to fill the tiny gap that allows that play.

Mavic 2 Pro Gimbal Lock/Cover
View attachment 71229

Mavic 2 Zoom Gimbal Lock/Cover
View attachment 71230

I actually did that for awhile. I even attached tape as a "pull tab" so to speak. I'm really liking the Polar Pro unit.

Reactions: Thomas B
I have 2 of hose Sunnylife covers for my mavic 2 zoom and both have failed in the thumb locking tab. After the 1st one broke I thought I might have been either not putting it on properly or being too rough with it but the 2nd one failed too. I might give the PP one a go but $45 is a bit steep for me! I have been in contact with Sunny life over these failures and they asked for photos and would get back to me with a solution when available!

I'm like $45?!?!?! then a glance at your location....ohhh....

I'm like $45?!?!?! then a glance at your location....ohhh....

yeah sux to have a crap exchange rate !!! Its also why I bought my M2Z in Hong Kong last year while on holidays. I just didnt get any warranty with it as DJI dont offer a world wide warranty yet. They are working on it I am told when I contacted their customer support!!

I prefer a fully enclosed gimbal bubble/lock. The OEM DJI one is enclosed, as is the Sunnylife.
Too bad there is not an OEM one that covers entirely (I appreciate your point) and prevents the gimbal from bouncing around like it can in the Sunnylife, and which doesn’t require finger gymnastics to get on an M2P. Either way each individual decides what they are will choose to give up. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Former Member
Too bad there is not an OEM one that covers entirely (I appreciate your point) and prevents the gimbal from bouncing around which doesn’t require finger gymnastics to get on an M2P. Either way each individual decides what they are will inform to give up. :rolleyes:

Well, there is an upside to using the OEM gimbal lock. If an owner breaks his gimbal while trying to get it on or off, Im pretty sure that DJI will cover it under warranty. Each case may vary. How is that for an upside? lol

And what will dji say once the gimble warranty has timed out . I can understand why a cover/lock that don’t stress anything is wanted by many peeps

One that I do like (yes I do like some things) is this one advertised on Dronevalleys website:

It looks like it "nestles" the gimbal instead of stretching it, and Im interested in hearing from anyone who has used one like it. That would be my choice, if it doesnt put any stress on the gimbal..

I use them on my M2P, M2Z and the M2P cover seams to work just fine on my M2ED.

Plus when installed the AC slides in and out of the cases easily.

Reactions: Former Member
Agree, all gimbal covers help us with this.

Yes but these measure 2.18" vs the OEM at 2.40" wide and do not extend as far in the front (couldn't get that measurement). meaning does not touch the foam in the case.

Yes but these measure 2.18" vs the OEM at 2.40" wide and do not extend as far in the front (couldn't get that measurement). meaning does not touch the foam in the case.
Not sure of the advantage of not touching the case, but almost anything beats the OEM in size and convenience.

Interested in your thoughts on it given your experience.

I like the ease of taking it on/off.
I think they could of made the tab a little easier to bend, but it’s definitely better than the Original

53e39bcb7543fdd755b2927844f4afc0.jpg

5e2b7a01627fbc04abadfff6ad48df9c.jpg

Not sure of the advantage of not touching the case, but almost anything beats the OEM in size and convenience.

I like that there is one less thing dragging on the foam as I take it out.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23