Are you on Facebook

• Yes

• No

• No but considering

• I was but not now

Results are only viewable after voting.

ICHOTT

Reactions
I’m not on Facebook but I wanted to do a little research as Litchi don’t email newsletters
but instead post updates on Facebook which is no good to me, just wondered . . .

I do not participate in ANY social media (any longer). I never did Instrgram or Twitter and I was semi-active in a Facebook account until around 2016, but I haven't gone on it in years. If a company promotes their stuff on it, too bad for me. I'll miss out.

In the last few years, the companies that run the social media sites have become far too overtly political, banning manywho they disagree with, promoting others who agree with their viewpoints. IMO, when you put your thumb on the scale of free speech it is no longer free. We've seen "fact checkers" get the facts totally wrong as folks who in retrospect got the fact right in the first place were forcibly removed from social media sites.

Since I've already gone off on a rant, if you look at the teen suicide rate after 2000, it has skyrocketed. I hold social media making 24/7 bullying possible. If I were King of the United States (succeeding Garfield Goose :oops::rolleyes:) I would rule that people under 18 could not own or possess electronic equipment that could access social media. Taking note of the image below, the trend is startling, and if we ask ourselves what changed since 2000 the answer is obvious.

Sorry for the rant.

1644767940674.png

Last edited:
I ditched regular use of FB years ago and haven’t missed it one bit. I did recreate an account about a year ago when I got into drones and now use it SOLELY for following drone groups. I have no followers (and don’t want any) and don’t follow any individuals or other groups. I modified all my privacy settings to be as invisible as possible on the platform. That seems to work for me.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this forum is social media.
OK smart guy. You're right. But not the same. I hope nobody has committed suicide after reading posts here. But ya know... your reply could have triggered me! o_O

What is facebook? lol
I don't know how anyone can make head nor tail of those chat places, I have looked at the odd twitter 'thread' and the posts seem to jump all over the place both in time and subject, so much so I gave up trying to see where they were going

Reactions: Wumpus_NJ
OK smart guy. You're right. But not the same. I hope nobody has committed suicide after reading posts here. But ya know... your reply could have triggered me! o_O
Then go get help 😀
What does any of this have to do with Mavics?
Absolutely nothing and I am moving it to off topic. 😎

Reactions: AZDave
What does any of this have to do with Mavics?
Err nothing other than if you read the original post it HAS to do with Litchi FOR MAVICS!
- so sorry for posting in wrong place - doh 😱

Anyway - the forum is for “mavicpilots”so are you saying there shouldn’t even be other threads !

Err nothing other than if you read the original post it HAS to do with Litchi FOR MAVICS!
- so sorry for posting in wrong place - doh 😱

Anyway - the forum is for “mavicpilots”so are you saying there shouldn’t even be other threads !
Please don’t get smart with me as it won’t come out in your favor.
#1 you should have posted here with your issue not make a poll
on who is on FB.
#2 your topic of your thread isn’t about mavics but FB so off topic
it goes. As far as
Yes it can be but put them in the right section.
Disagree message me or a Admin ..@Biga107 …But don’t engage
with me no more in this thread. Actually it has already went father than is should have.
Have a question about a app ask in that section.
Matter of fact I see this is going nowhere even in the OT section so
it is closed.

CLOSED​

I do not participate in ANY social media (any longer). I never did Instrgram or Twitter and I was semi-active in a Facebook account until around 2016, but I haven't gone on it in years. If a company promotes their stuff on it, too bad for me. I'll miss out.

In the last few years, the companies that run the social media sites have become far too overtly political, banning manywho they disagree with, promoting others who agree with their viewpoints. IMO, when you put your thumb on the scale of free speech it is no longer free. We've seen "fact checkers" get the facts totally wrong as folks who in retrospect got the fact right in the first place were forcibly removed from social media sites.

Since I've already gone off on a rant, if you look at the teen suicide rate after 2000, it has skyrocketed. I hold social media making 24/7 bullying possible. If I were King of the United States (succeeding Garfield Goose :oops::rolleyes:) I would rule that people under 18 could not own or possess electronic equipment that could access social media. Taking note of the image below, the trend is startling, and if we ask ourselves what changed since 2000 the answer is obvious.

Sorry for the rant.

View attachment 143862
own a simple flip phone with limited texting....

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki