DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Poor Man's FPV

Jay_W

Reactions
Any drone pilot knows how hard it is to fly with precision and safety while trying to be cameraman at the same time. Not long ago, I was flying at the local boat harbor on what seemed like a routine, and somewhat boring, video shoot. When I got home and "viewed the dailies" on my desktop I discovered that the drone...had just missed some power lines!

That was a wakeup call. It's all but impossible to see in the sun and not much better in the shade. The only available solutions are FPV (first person view) goggles, but those start at $500.

I decided to make my own loupe so I could see the whole phone display even in full sun. I have just 3D printed a single piece unit. If you want more information to make your own go to Mavic Pro FPV | Armageddon.

mavic aid rendering.JPG

Any drone pilot knows how hard it is to fly with precision and safety while trying to be cameraman at the same time. Not long ago, I was flying at the local boat harbor on what seemed like a routine, and somewhat boring, video shoot. When I got home and "viewed the dailies" on my desktop I discovered that the drone...had just missed some power lines!

That was a wakeup call. It's all but impossible to see in the sun and not much better in the shade. The only available solutions are FPV (first person view) goggles, but those start at $500.

I decided to make my own loupe so I could see the whole phone display even in full sun. I have just 3D printed a single piece unit. If you want more information to make your own go to Mavic Pro FPV | Armageddon.

View attachment 115239

Interesting : In not sure I understand does this go over the entire Phone or SC there is no size scale.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain

While this may help you see finer detail it also takes away your situational awareness as soon as you put your eye to it. Seems trying to resolve one problem has created a bigger one.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada