DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Poor quality DJI app video render - You got the same?

AcorreiA

Reactions
Hi !

I like to use the DJI app to edit and render a final video to upload to youtube.

The workflow is this:
Fly the MM and record video on 2.7K
Take out the SD card from the MM
put SD card in my Tab S6
copy the video and photo files to DJI app Go on Tab
Edit the video
export on 1080 to Youtube directly and/or save in the Tab

The result video is jerky like this one...i dont get it....can anyone enlightme?

Hi !

I like to use the DJI app to edit and render a final video to upload to youtube.

The workflow is this:
put SD card in my Tab S6
Edit the video

The result video is jerky like this one...i dont get it....can anyone enlightme?

Video looks fine on my laptop..not sure what your seeing, but it would probably be on your end to check. I see no issue on this or you tubes end with what you describe.

Reactions: Thomas B
Video looks fine on my laptop..not sure what your seeing, but it would probably be on your end to check. I see no issue on this or you tubes end with what you describe.
Thanks for your quick answer.

Dont you notice some pixelation?

Hi !

The workflow is this:
put SD card in my Tab S6
Edit the video

Looks good here , nice editing.

Thanks for your quick answer.

Dont you notice some pixelation?

Yes, that is generally because of the codec used. I had it using windows editor and all went away when I updated to a good Software.. You get what ya pay for they say. I don't believe there is much room to change settings with DJI's software (you might try shooting at 1080 to see if that helps), but I have never used a phone for more than a phone. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B
When enlarged pixeled , only watched small first I use NCH . does the job .
So you agree that the quality of this final render its below the original footage quality? i think its too pixelated even in 1080 in Youtube..

I am a little disapointed with the render quality in DJI Go app....

any clues?

* sorry, I do noto understand "NCH"

I like some of your shots a lot I have to say...I can see what you're talking about when I look at it full screen on my monitor. dunno why ..we need Vic to take a look.

Reactions: AcorreiA
The quality is quite poor indeed ...... I use Davinci Resolve and dont have any experience with the DJI app editor but I believe if you export to Youtube, the software will automatically assume that you just want average quality. It's better to render in the best quality and upload to Youtube afterwards. Just my guess

Reactions: hiflyer201
I strongly recommend your using Vimeo. It is excellent and is a site dedicated to presenting videos at the highest quality. It is easily shared with others. Good editing software is always essential. Mediocre software never leads to excellent video. I highly recommend Premiere Pro, if you are committed to creating your videos at the best quality.

The pixelation is from YouTube re encoding the video. All streaming services re encode the submitted video before making it available to viewers. Some services do a better job than others. VIMEO is the best in my experience.

The pixelation is from YouTube re encoding the video. All streaming services re encode the submitted video before making it available to viewers. Some services do a better job than others. VIMEO is the best in my experience.

I dont think Youtube is to be blamed. There are lots of video by Mini on Youtube that do not have such issue. The problem is more likely associated with the rendering of the original footage.

I dont think Youtube is to be blamed. There are lots of video by Mini on Youtube that do not have such issue. The problem is more likely associated with the rendering of the original footage.

I concur, YouTube does destroy videos not encoded correctly (well it crushes them regardless :p). Most of the better Editing softwares have a YouTube rendering upload option or through YouTube videos/tutorials (Go Figure) settings for optimum output to view on YouTube.

Again for the OP I suggest you film in 1080p and then edit using your DJI editor. I suspect the compression logarithm for converting 4K/2K to down covert may be causing a bit of issue as well.

And as many are suggesting editing software...I use Sony Vegas Pro...tons of YouTube Videos/tutorials on that program among others (How to obtain old free versions on YouTube as well ;)). But I guess we may be assuming you have access to a good PC to edit with :cool:

What codec and what resolution are you exporting from Resolve with?

I have been shooting a lot of video for the past 4 years with various drones, and have never seen DJI footage like that. I agree with some others that the problem is happening post capture. DJI does not render the footage other than debayering the sensor image too produce either H.264or H.265 output footage.

Yes, that is generally because of the codec used. I had it using windows editor and all went away when I updated to a good Software.. You get what ya pay for they say. I don't believe there is much room to change settings with DJI's software (you might try shooting at 1080 to see if that helps), but I have never used a phone for more than a phone. :p
Yes i would try 1080! Thanks

What codec and what resolution are you exporting from Resolve with?

I have been shooting a lot of video for the past 4 years with various drones, and have never seen DJI footage like that. I agree with some others that the problem is happening post capture. DJI does not render the footage other than debayering the sensor image too produce either H.264or H.265 output footage.
Yes the problem is in the render phase in the app DJI

I think the problem is not in the youtube since the file renderer in DJI app saved in my Tab, got the same poor quality.

I ve done another videos and i think the quality is good, see example.

Hi there! Here you can see that footage and new ones edited in the Resolve. I think that worked just fine!!
Conclusion - the DJI app compress too much when it cames to green leaves and trees....loosing quality - The same happens with Youtube - looses quality (see 1:50min)

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121