DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pop-on or screw-on filters. Which do you like?

Do you wish there were M2 filters that just pop on?

• Yes, I find the M2 available filters cumbersome to install

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No, Im cool with the way the M2 is set up with screw-on filters.

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
I like to screw the filters on. Pop on is convenient but screwing gives me more safety. I know the screwing from the M2Z and the pop on from the Osmo Pocket.

Not quite yet, and since the M2 has been out for 8 months, Im going to guess that hurting the gimbal by screwing on filters to the M2Z or twisting on filters to the M2P is not doing damage to the gimbals, unless an owner really man handles it. The threads on the filters are designed to fail before the camera barrel threads do to lower the risk of cross threading. It still makes me scared to screw on a filter for fear of cross threading the camera barrel, even though it might never happen.

I have seen a few people damage their gimbal by using the OEM gimbal lock. I dont like the way it stretches the gimbal to fit the lock. Sunnylife makes a good alternative, and not too expensive.

Amazon.com: Sunnylife Gimbal Guard Lens Protective Cover Cap for DJI Mavic 2 Zoom Drone Accessory: Electronics

I ditched the OEM lock long ago. I tried the sunnylife but one of the teeth broke so I am using the polarpro one now which is really secure.

Reactions: Thomas B

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d