DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Portable solar lighting system to charge Mavic zoom

erickx

Reactions
Hello ,
I’m off to Norway for a 7 days journey without hotels or any place to charge my drone . We are going to sleep outside walk ski stuff like that .
I bought a yobo life lightning system
Now I find out it only has usb out for power
The Mavic charger has a net plug or a car charger .
Does any one know if I can charge the battery’s of my drone with this yobo ? Is there a adapter I can use to connect the mavic charger to usb ?
Or does anyone know a better solution for me to buy ?
Needs to be either an battery on solar power or a large but not to heavy battery that has a plug / car charger option to buy that can at least charge 3 battery’s and the smart controller ?

Please help !

Eric

5badf55808825e2c5146b3ebab05e27c.jpg
3de51735d1d0d5fbd8d22d29deeaa226.jpg
3cfe70285273e176d529d27ef87cc480.jpg

9bdc7cb71c007505c05119756d6fd6b1.jpg

THE DJI car charger is rated at 14V and 6.5 amp, so about 100watts. If your battery box can put out 6-8 amps at 12V you should be ok. Sound like your solar panel is 30 watts under ideal conditions- direct sunlight.
My assumption is that this system may be on the weak side. A car "jump starter box" could do it, it has 12V out and you could run your mavic's car charger.

Last edited:
Reactions: ff22
Sorry, you will be better off carrying extra drone batteries than carrying a solar panel. Larger portable solar panels work quite OK during the summer in the Nordics for charging mobile phones and so on. But large drone batteries, no. It will be very slow.

Reactions: enodog
True, but it seems like he will be in the wilderness for 7 days and may need night lights phone charging and what not.
You are correct, no one wants to haul around solar panels. The one that he has seem to be charging up a battery pack during the day hours, so he can have lights at night time.

Reactions: enodog
Reactions: erickx
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer