DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Portland, Oregon - Downtown, Bridges & the Willamette River

garykentner

Reactions
Some panos of downtown Portland, OR and a few of the bridges crossing the Willamette River.

Attachments

• Marina & Downtown DJI_0604-Pano-2.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 66
  • North Willamette DJI_0618-Pano.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 52
  • Willamette South DJI_0622-Pano-3.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 52
Beautiful city but too bad all the damage that has been done to the downtown area.

Nice pics. It does indeed look a beautiful city. I was hoping to incorporate a stay there in a road trip including San Francisco and Seattle. I'm curious now after seeing the comment by Hydrostan re the downtown area. What has happened there?

Downtown riots have been in the news since last summer. They have destroyed businesses and tried to burn the Federal Bldg with people inside. Many Officers were injured too.

They still continue today. If you plan a trip to Portland, unfortunately, stay away from downtown AT NIGHT. Too bad, it was a beautiful city downtown.

Some panos of downtown Portland, OR and a few of the bridges crossing the Willamette River.
Great shots. I lived in downtown Portland 15 years ago. I was on the 19th floor of one of the apartments that are in the first shot. Best place in the world to watch fireworks from!

Many thanks GregS. I think I may give that trip a miss for now.
I'll second Greg's comments. The same applies to Seattle's downtown too and, in many people's opinions, Seattle is even less safe than Portland. If you still want to come to the PNW and enjoy a beautiful, clean, safe city, I'd recommend Boise and then head up north to the McCall area. Great natural beauty in that part of the country. Safe travels wherever you go!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31