DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Possible to see uploaded litchi mission from Mavic?

Mitch

Reactions
In flying a Litchi mission today the Mavic at the second waypoint slowed from its default speed of 30mph to 17mph. At the next waypoint it changed to maybe 20mph or so. Occasionally it would go back to 30mph when hitting other waypoints. I'm trying to debug this if possible. Is there a way I can download the mission settings from the Mavic after the mission is uploaded? If so, how would I go about finding the file and downloading to a computer? The only thing I changed at the last minute before loading the mission to the Mavic was the default speed from 25.3 to 30mph. I didn't save it until after the mission finished. After saving it, I reran the mission again with the same undesired results.

If I had more time I would have landed the drone, powered it off, back on along with the RC. Then load everything up again and rerun. I'll probably try again next time. I find this troubling as I don't have trust if I lose contact with the Mavic that it will continue at the speed I'm expecting it to travel.

Are you sure that it was not simply being affected by the wind? Into a headwind it's not going to achieve the nominal 30 mph ground speed.
Minimal wind. Both times the speed changed on the 2nd waypoint from 30 to 17mph exactly.

Also trying to breakdown the csv mission file downloaded from the flylitchi site. Would be nice to know which delimiter is speed/default speed.

Double check the speed set for each waypoint - whether it was "cruise", which you can in fact define, or a specific other number.

All my waypoints are set to use the default speed set at 30mph. I've not had any issues with my new Mavic until I tried a waypoint mission set to 30mph. Perhaps that's the issue? I've been flying 25.3mph to this point until today without any problems.

I'm guessing it's either your mission programming, or as others have suggested, changes in wind speed. To eliminate mission planning issues, we'll need to see your actual mission. You can either export the mission to a file and upload it somewhere else (or zip it), as the file upload feature on the site is limited to specific file types. Or you could leave your mission public and post the link to it here.

Check the curve size. The smaller the curve size the more the AC slows especially as the angle at the waypoint sharpens. Makes sense that if, at the waypoint, the AC had to turn and go back on almost the same heading, it would have to come to almost a complete stop. Just like in your car, you can't go through a sharp 15 mph curve at 75 mph.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrDew