DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Post crash audible alarm

john94si

Reactions
So I have seen many gps or other types of devices to help find lost drones. What about something you attached that could alarm an sound alert very loud if you loose the drone. Say lost in trees or high grass it would be easy to find the drone if it were like a car alarm going off especially with all the gps tracking we currently have to help track or trace the crash point.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Good idea and it works. My old Blade 350 had this feature. If it came down and the motors were forced to stop ie, long grass, tree branches etc then it would emit a loud beep to help locate it. I had a prop let go in one flight and the 350 went down in some long grass. The beeping made it 100 times easier to locate.

Hmm might also attract thieves. I would prefer a simple WiFi locator beacon. WiFi is already in the Mavic so why not have a mode where it throws out a signal every 5 seconds after a crash. Then make a mobile app that can show you the signal strength on a radar type screen. This system would work really well if your within 80ft of the drone.

Rob

I have attached a Loc8tor tag by velcro to Mavic's rear side, just above the LED.

Hi GerdS, I am interested in the Loc8tor as well but am concerned about the range. How do you find it?

The other day I crashed my Mavic into the thickest bunch of brambles and I had a hard time locating it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimwinter