DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Post thunderstorm

Kywon McCain

⭐Smooth Operator⭐
Premium Pilot
Reactions
dji_fly_20220905_185016_347_1662421665246_photo_optimized.jpgdji_fly_20220905_184116_346_1662421657469_photo_optimized.jpg
You know who would like this?
@Phantomrain.org

I am 17 and I still gasp to thunderstorms
I only flew for less than 2 minutes before a thunderstrike happened and scared me half to death
Im gonna start selling lemonade just so I can grab some of phantomrain's stuff so I can fly in rain and stuff
(HE TOOK THE BAIT)

Last edited:
View attachment 154464View attachment 154465
You know who would like this?
@Phantomrain.org

I am 17 and I still gasp to thunderstorms
I only flew for less than 2 minutes before a thunderstrike happened and scared me half to death
Im gonna start selling lemonade just so I can grab some of phantomrain's stuff so I can fly in rain and stuff
(HE TOOK THE BAIT)
I used to live in the Annapolis area, & with many years of working outside, on or around the Chesapeake Bay, I made a habit of keeping an eye & ear on the daily weather forecast.

If you get notice of foul weather incoming, go outside to get a visual, looking for the incoming front. In the warmer months, you may also see some line squalls, towering walls of dark bluish-purple, & often containing lightning & high winds. They most often come in from the northwest quarter.

If you decide to fly in weather like that, some kind of rain protection would likely increase the chances of your drone making it back, but beware those winds!

So far, the 1 time I've tried flying (my M3P) in a storm (actually, I was up taking a time-lapse watching the front move in) I managed to get some decent recording, & just barely made it back before the rain started coming down in buckets.

Timing when to retreat back home (discretion is the better part of valor, as they say) is key.

Reactions: Kywon McCain
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_