DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Potential New Pilot

Drone Wanna Be

Reactions
I have been thinking about getting a Mavic 2 Zoom but not sure how to tell if I can fly it in my area. I did get some FAA links but I am in clueless. Can anyone help with this, if I give you my general area. I have 2 airports one is Scottsdale and the other is Phoenix. One of my neighbors had a Mavic but sold it because the flight restrictions were more than he wanted to deal with. He said most everything around here is class B which turned into a no fly a few months ago. All help is appreciated.

Yeah, good to go and stay below 400'. I really like that app now.. It used to be miserable, it was like some kid's senior project that was never fully developed. Now that Kittyhawk revamped it I love it. Can you find the class B, C, D and surface-E airspaces near you? Even those can be probably flown in with prior permission using the LAANC system. Look for rectangles surrounding the airports with max heights of 0, 100, 200, 400 ft, etc.

Reactions: Drone Wanna Be
Yeah, good to go and stay below 400'. I really like that app now.. It used to be miserable, it was like some kid's senior project that was never fully developed. Now that Kittyhawk revamped it I love it. Can you find the class B, C, D and surface-E airspaces near you? Even those can be probably flown in with prior permission using the LAANC system. Look for rectangles surrounding the airports with max heights of 0, 100, 200, 400 ft, etc.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emilybrown24