DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Potential problem for those waiting.

ziggys

Reactions
Been reading of the numerous people having a issue with their new Mavic

and sending it back for a placement, which is good. But I’m just curious to know,

what are chances for those of us still waiting for our bird, of receiving one of these rehabilitated wounded birds.

In other words are they held in "Refurbishment" or released back into "General Population."

I'd be surprised if DJI was legally allowed to refurb a returned damaged/defective unit and sell it as "brand new". I would reckon they would refurb wounded birds and place them in a stock allocation that specifically goes out the door to customers accessing the DJI refresh program. Kind of like Apple when you go to do a warranty return of your defective phone they give you a refurbed phone of similar specs.

For those who have received a replacement unit already through the refresh or warranty process what did the packaging look like when the bird returned to you? Was it the original retail packaging or some more generic variant?

In the end I feel pretty confident that those waiting for a new drone will receive a factory fresh unit.

I'd be surprised if DJI was legally allowed to refurb a returned damaged/defective unit and sell it as "brand new". I would reckon they would refurb wounded birds and place them in a stock allocation that specifically goes out the door to customers accessing the DJI refresh program. Kind of like Apple when you go to do a warranty return of your defective phone they give you a refurbed phone of similar specs.

For those who have received a replacement unit already through the refresh or warranty process what did the packaging look like when the bird returned to you? Was it the original retail packaging or some more generic variant?

In the end I feel pretty confident that those waiting for a new drone will receive a factory fresh unit.

Just got back a warranty mavic. Packaging was the original packaging with just the drone in it. The serial number on the box matched the serial number on the "new" drone. However the box had a broken seal and the seal looked like it had been opened by an excited customer because it was all jagged. I think I received someone else's old drone that they repaired, and I got their old packaging too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom