DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Power Mavic 2 ON While Folded

You guys are too cautious. Leave the props on, leave it folded up, remove the gimbal cover and power it on. No need to unfold legs (even for the twitch).

You guys are too cautious. Leave the props on, leave it folded up, remove the gimbal cover and power it on. No need to unfold legs (even for the twitch).
Don't you still need to unfold one arm (leg?) to get to either the usb port or the sd-card slot?

Do you still feel this way? No damage despite doing this for a couple years now? I just got my Mini 2 and am overly cautious about potential damage to the motors from powering it up while folded and bound.

I do, been doing it since my first MP but have never had my props bound down. I have only done it to get screenshots of settings
or find something to answer someone but has never caused me
any issues.

I do, been doing it since my first MP but have never had my props bound down. I have only done it to get screenshots of settings
or find something to answer someone but has never caused me
any issues.
When not in use I keep my props bound with the holder so they're not flopping around or at risk of being snapped off or bent while in my camera bag. I suppose I can just take the sillicone restraint off then I don't have to unfold the entire unit just to make some menu changes.

Oh, and nice avatar. I may just have to fire up Oddworld tonight!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121