DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Powerbanks or extra batteries

Stix9600

Reactions
Hello, I'm new to this forum. This maybe stupid, but I'm going on a canoe trip for 3 days down a river I would love to bring my drone. My question is should I get an extra battery for a total of 3, or Omars AC Power Bank, 24000mAh AC Outlet? Thanks in advance

search for "solar chargers" on this site. lots of post, but not sure if there really is any that will work.
If it was me, I would also get an extra battery.

Reactions: Odom1957
I don't think the "Solar" chargers have enough juice/current to charge a Mavic battery in a somewhat reasonable time.

Get a power bank. Less delicate to boot...

The solar chargers kinda work. You would need a larger than 50w panel to use the mavic charger directly and those are HUGE!

The way to use them is in conjunction with a power bank and inverter. I have a 20w foldable panel with a battery pack that has a 100w inverter built in. I plug in the 20w panel to charge the pack and charge my batteries whenever I use them.

The single mavic charger works best as it is only 50w and doesn't drain the battery as fast. I also try to leave the panel running all the time to charge the battery.

I can get you links to what I use if you like. BTW...it isn't cheap, but it is very portable.

Reactions: Magilla Gorilla
There is one more thing to look at . I saw a unit that you toss in moving water and it provides a trickle charge. If a battery is taken to run a inverter the trickle charge will add charge while out touring in the kayak .
I run a inverter off the 12 volt battery at our cabin and solar panel keep it charged

That device looks to be more of a gimmick than real power.

You can get a 50,000mah pack with 100w inverter for under 200, then add a 200w solar panel for under 200, and have one hell of a portable power station. You can even use the car charger to your mavic and skip the inverter to save 50 bucks or so.

Goal Zero has the stuff to do it, but they cost an arm and a leg, so I did the same using Amazon stuff from China for a lot less money.

I run the 50,000mah pack for a whole weekend without the solar panel and still have power to spare. I think my pack might be 60k now that I think about it. Still really small and light at only 3-4lbs.

All depends on how deep the pocket is .

Most of my back country flying I am traveling in my canam maverick . I have a 800 watt converter and plug one of those 5 in one chargers in . It will charge 3 batterys at once and have two USB charging ports for the RC and phone . I can’t use all 5 at once as my stator can’t keep up . So 2 batterys and the RC
e8166c2d7239c7b013c2b93d5d8168bd.jpg
We have more old abandoned oil field roads to explore than I will ever be able to see . Going way out in the sticks and then get a view from 400 feet is priceless in my mind
608ad2ea1f5a2bd7de8ad728a1351ac0.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird