DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PP Props to Pro use?

GregE

Reactions
After market props aren't getting good reviews and I'm not sure I'll find a Platinum with 'approved budget'.
So the thought occurs: since the Platinum props are quieter could they be used on the Pro?

Whatcha think? Anybody do this?

After market props aren't getting good reviews and I'm not sure I'll find a Platinum with 'approved budget'.
So the thought occurs: since the Platinum props are quieter could they be used on the Pro?

yes they are perfectly fine if you mean the mp1

Reactions: GregE
Thanks guys- guessed as much but nice to verify. The 2 series is beyond my need$ so MP and MPP are heading my wish list with MA in the running.

i had both the mp and still have the mpp and can tell you yes they will fit but they won’t make your mp fly any quieter,the mpp has a different esc than your mp that help with noise levels.

i had both the mp and still have the mpp and can tell you yes they will fit but they won’t make your mp fly any quieter,the mpp has a different esc than your mp that help with noise levels.

Absolutely the MPP props will fly quieter than the original MP props, even with original ESCs. About 5 dB at ground level. They "sound" quieter because they spin slower, thus lower-frequency "whine". See this video:

Reactions: mereflyer and GregE
Thanks for that Not much different.
I think I read the MPP rpms are lower so it follows the blade pitch would be more to perform similarly. If that were the case the MP should pick up some speed at the cost of greater load on the motors.

But...... Trying to justify the additional $$ for the MPP

Reactions: mereflyer

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes