DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Practice drone

Gregdd

Reactions
Can people comment on the latest best cheapie drones to fly indoors with no position or altitude hold?

Please don't recommend any DJI product as I have looked at all those already.

Reactions: Hauptmann
I can recommend the Sky Viper DASH Nano Drone, available at Target, either online or in stores. My son got one two years ago at Christmas, and it is still working, despite many minor crashes. It is tiny, roughly 2.5 inches long, including props. Suitable for indoor flight only, or maybe outdoors in a perfect dead calm. Cheap, at about $20. No GPS, no altitude sensors, no obstacle avoidance, no prop guards, no camera. It's just a cheap toy, but it helps build a sense for how to use the sticks to control yaw and translation of a drone at various orientations. After you practice with it, any of the GPS stabilized drones will be easy to control.

I've enjoyed the heck out of the X7 Microlight, but it doesn't look like the still make it. I've had mine for 5 years or so. I think I paid $38.

Oh... looks like they are still available on ebay: Odyssey Microlite RC Quadcopter Drone X7 Ody-7505 for sale online | eBay

It's handy that you can bounce it off walls without destroying your props. Besides, the grandkids enjoy chasing it around the yard at night. (Don't let them catch it... it can still bite little fingers).

You might look at the Naptain H823H, which is light, small, and fairly indestructible. I think I paid about 25 USD for mine.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Nano drone small cheap and comes with a camera perfect for indoors use

The Hobbytiger isn’t half bad

The Hobbytiger isn’t half bad

Oops, sorry... I just saw that you said no altitude hold.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jared69