DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Precision Landing" 5ft off!

I've had the same exact issue. I did everything properly. It has landed up to 5 feet away from the pad. It's pretty close but more often than not it does not land on the pad.

May I suggest that if you have lost contact with your drone and have no idea where it is and it goes into auto RTH mode and then lands within 5 feet of your take off point all by itself you will be very excited that it achieved the impossible! 5ft off spot would be just fine!

If you're in a big open field, sure... in my case it came a bit too close to an obstacle for comfort, but in a more extreme case that 5 feet might be the difference between a safe landing and landing in a pool or something. Granted, it is the responsibility of the pilot to ensure a safe landing/takeoff spot.

I'll try PL several times just to see how it goes on the same day same conditions calm weather no wind and some times its right on and sometimes its off by 5 or 6 feet and I have to abort the PL and land manually. But the good thing is RTH always gets the drone back to home . Its funny how some times you lose sight of it. Take your eyes off for a second and then its hard to find again. I hit RTH don't want to take a chance. the as soon as I see it again I take over .

I’ve learned that if I launch the MA in a brisk breeze, it appears to affect the accuracy of RTH, as if it’s drifted downwind a bit before getting a visual lock on the exact spot it’s supposed to return to.

Hmm, it was a little bit breezy.... I'll try to do a test on a day without any wind and see how it does.

I live on a farm. I launched my MA in my pasture. When I did a rth it was coming in for a landing and it scared me because it took off about 2feet from a cow pie. Not thinking about the landing I watched it as it came down I thought it was going to land on the pie and didn't know what to do. Scrambling to figure out how to stop it the MA corrected itself and landed about a foot and a half from the turd. It's funny but very true. All I remember was that it said home point recorded after it took off.

I live on a farm. I launched my MA in my pasture. When I did a rth it was coming in for a landing and it scared me because it took off about 2feet from a cow pie. Not thinking about the landing I watched it as it came down I thought it was going to land on the pie and didn't know what to do. Scrambling to figure out how to stop it the MA corrected itself and landed about a foot and a half from the turd. It's funny but very true. All I remember was that it said home point recorded after it took off.

Kinda onena those stuff hits the fan moments, hu? :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun