DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Precision Landing At Night?

I have a Mavic 2 zoom updated to the latest firmwhere this week and PL doesn’t work and there is no check box
You must use auto takeoff to initiate precision landing. When you use the auto take off feature, you will see the check box.

You must use auto takeoff to initiate precision landing. When you use the auto take off feature, you will see the check box.

This is incorrect. You can take off manually. Just pause at about 20' for several seconds so the camera can do its thing. Mine corrects is location at about 25' and then lands right back on the magazine I took off from. It's a cool feature to show people but of no real use for me.

Reactions: Brojon
This is incorrect. You can take off manually. Just pause at about 20' for several seconds so the camera can do its thing. Mine corrects is location at about 25' and then lands right back on the magazine I took off from. It's a cool feature to show people but of no real use for me.
No you don't!
There is a check box guys.
F43A13F8-433A-4140-8888-2A08340C8F7D.jpeg

Reactions: ff22
Not with the Mavic 2 Pro / Mavic 2 Zoom, which is what is being discussed here.

View attachment 54893

After the latest update precision landing works perfectly regardless of whether you take of in AUTO or Manual mode.
Interesting. They must have removed the checkbox after the last app update to 4.3.5
And yes, I am well aware that this is a M2 discussion.
What matters is that it is working regardless and was embedded into the FW to be automatic.
I just wonder why some others are still having issues after the last update?

Yeh it does not matter on whether you take off manual or auto in BOTH the M1 and M2. I have both.
Secondly I've just doesn't more testing and can confirm that the so called landing light does stuff all for precision landing and is woefully underpowered to be of any use for precision landing. Because at then time it begins using the vision position cameras it is too high in the air for the lights to be powerful enough to even see the ground on the screen when I had the camera full down watching. I even manually turn the light on early so it gets more time to see the ground but it's just not good enough.

Sorry to go slightly off topic of night PL but will someone confirm that their M2Z really does a PL after a manual T/O following latest firmware update.

In other words, you T/O manually, rise to about 25ft, wait a bit, fly away then hit RTH.

AND Prior to descending to land the bird realigns itself with the T/O heading, it then descends and lands within 1 or 2 inches.

Sorry to be pedantic but as I see it if it doesn’t realign heading, it’s not a PL. Also, this heading realignment has not happened on any of my manual T/Os, only on auto T/O.

Ok I accept I might be doing something wrong, just want to find out what.

Thanks

Pl has worked several times on both zoom and pro from manual takeoff. As long as I park for a few seconds at about 10 feet up. I have only seen the check box one time.
Check box not being visible isn’t something I’m going to cry about, but I do think it’s invisibility is odd. Just another DJI glitch in my opinion.

I think they all do. I was evaluating low light image noise and took off from a grassy knoll with dim illumination from a parking lot light quite some distance away. I could only see enough to set the drones down. Took off, flew a circular Litchi mission and both the P4P and Spark landed within a foot of takeoff point. The Spark did complain about being unable to determine safe landing and I had to use the sticks to take it down the last couple of feet. I can only assume teh flashing lights do provide some illumination of ground features.

Reactions: Magilla Gorilla
Sorry to go slightly off topic of night PL but will someone confirm that their M2Z really does a PL after a manual T/O following latest firmware update.

In other words, you T/O manually, rise to about 25ft, wait a bit, fly away then hit RTH.

AND Prior to descending to land the bird realigns itself with the T/O heading, it then descends and lands within 1 or 2 inches.

Sorry to be pedantic but as I see it if it doesn’t realign heading, it’s not a PL. Also, this heading realignment has not happened on any of my manual T/Os, only on auto T/O.

Ok I accept I might be doing something wrong, just want to find out what.

Thanks

I can confirm that my M2Z reacts exactly like you describe following a manual T/O, including the realignment with the T/O heading.

I can confirm that my M2Z reacts exactly like you describe following a manual T/O, including the realignment with the T/O heading.
Great thanks Onda, really appreciate you answering the exam question. When the wind and rain stops here I’ll get out and do some more flight tests.

Thanks to all, rain and wind now stopped so got the chance to do multiple tests and guess what. Mine does as well, no problems from any height RTH.

It seems that a PL will only work following an auto or manual T/O PROVIDING you do not update the home position after T/O. Tried this a couple of times and both times it did not PL. Also, on all my tests the "precision landing. correcting position" caption came on about 60ft. On one, it corrected from an error of about 6ft (at 60ft) to land exactly on the T/O spot and on heading.

Great to know the system works well, whether you use it or not!

Well happy

Reactions: OndaEyes
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffN