DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Precision Landing Enabled Notification?

JAW

Did I Just Back Into That Tree?
Reactions
Does Go4 give any sort of notification if, when taking off, the drone establishes the ability to do a precision landing during RTH?

Does Go4 give any sort of notification if, when taking off, the drone establishes the ability to do a precision landing during RTH?
Honestly never looked other than to be sure home point is recorded. I do get this message on an RTH landing.

Hmmm. There may be a message to the effect of: "Home Point recorded" or similar. You are suppose to lift straight up about 20 feet before moving horizontal. You don't have to hover or pause but straight up. I gather on other Mavics there was an option to check. It is now automatic.

If you have precision RTH activated it will always take pictures of its take off point but how well it will be able to use those it won’t know till it tries it. If you don’t wait long enough for it to take pictures it might land in the wrong spot but that’s where the picture was taken on take off and so therefore precision landing worked even though it not in the spot you wanted.

The only sure fire way to get precision RTH is to do an auto-take off and select “precision RTH” and it will ascend to 20’ on take off and when it stops ascending then you have a proper precision RTH but there’s no indication like. “Be advised precision RTH quality is optimal or anything like that.”

Reactions: trriley5 and JAW
<snip>

The only sure fire way to get precision RTH is to do an auto-take off and select “precision RTH” and it will ascend to 20’ on take off and when it stops ascending then you have a proper precision RTH but there’s no indication like. “Be advised precision RTH quality is optimal or anything like that.”
I've never actually done an auto-takeoff so I'll have to give that a try. Thanks.

I've never actually done an auto-takeoff so I'll have to give that a try. Thanks.
Will take off and hover at 4’. After that your choice, but if you want precision landing go straight up 20 feet and hover a few sec.... it will still RTH if you just go though. I have not seen more than 7-8” difference in landing point.

Reactions: JAW
It works on either manual or auto take off, just go up 20ft and wait there for 3 seconds and when in rah you will see the notification of precision landing when drone is coming down as it adjusts its take off point, if you just take off and go then it does not work as it is now automatic and there is no notification on take off or no check box anymore.

Reactions: JAW and Thomas B
Above is correct.
If you auto take off it and the zoom away from the 4’ point the drone will still autoland within inches of take off point. For most flights I don’t worry about it.

It works on either manual or auto take off, just go up 20ft and wait there for 3 seconds and when in rah you will see the notification of precision landing when drone is coming down as it adjusts its take off point, if you just take off and go then it does not work as it is now automatic and there is no notification on take off or no check box anymore.
So what you;re saying is the notification of precision landing occurs not during take-off but during the landing itself?
Thanks!

Reactions: Thomas B
I noticed that, coming from the Air where you ticked a checkbox on takeoff, I didn't see it on the MP2, but did the same thing the Air used to, straight up to 20ft and wait a few seconds, and got the notification of precision landing on my RTH. Not that I use it for the most part as usually hand land, but hey, there if you need it.

Would be nice if it told you what to do to get it during takeoff though.

Precision landing involves a matching with a photo, right?

Maybe it's only displayed at landing when the drone recognises the spot in comparison with the photo ... if the landing site has been altered during flying, it may not precisely land. It's very unlikely that you remove your landing pad etc. or a site changes so quickly, but maybe that's the thought behind for only displaying it, when the match is successful upon landing and not prior at take off and generating a pseudo security.

Reactions: JAW
Precision landing involves a matching with a photo, right?

Maybe it's only displayed at landing when the drone recognises the spot in comparison with the photo ... if the landing site has been altered during flying, it may not precisely land. It's very unlikely that you remove your landing pad etc. or a site changes so quickly, but maybe that's the thought behind for only displaying it, when the match is successful upon landing and not prior at take off and generating a pseudo security.

Doubtful, as it tells you you can do a precision landing before it ever gets to the point of comparison, but hey, don't use it very often anyhow, so not a big deal

Doubtful, as it tells you you can do a precision landing before it ever gets to the point of comparison, but hey, don't use it very often anyhow, so not a big deal
Yeah, was just a thought, I recall that mine ist about 115 meters high, when descending and information of precision landing. From up there, it could probably recognise high contrast objects again, but as said, just a thought - it might also be complete rubbish. ;)

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark