DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

precision return to home

mikemoose55

Reactions
Hello all,
recently I watched a video where a Mavic pilot demonstrated a porecision RTH setting where the Mavic landed almost EXACTLY on the X form where it started. The key to this precision, according to that pilot, was he took the mavic straight up to @ 90 feet and while hovering there gave the downward sensors a command to understand the ground below then simply flew off. At a point out hit RTH and the Mavic hit almost exactly on the X he drew on the ground.
I CAN'T FIND THAT VIDEO,:mad: it was on you tube red but on my internet TV so no history
Can anyone exzplain this or point me to a tuit on this method please?
mikemoose55

Unfortunately no, I went through most of those previous none even close.
I specifically remember take off and hove at 90 feet, then he did something with the downward sensors so the drone could ID the ground and the target point, only took a second then he was off.
Appreciate your time and effort........Thank you
mikemoose55

90 ft is pretty high. All you need to do is hit the precision landing icon, then swipe right and it should go up to about 30ft and hover for a few second and basically gets the lay of the land so it can return and land precisely.

Hello all,
recently I watched a video where a Mavic pilot demonstrated a porecision RTH setting where the Mavic landed almost EXACTLY on the X form where it started. The key to this precision, according to that pilot, was he took the mavic straight up to @ 90 feet and while hovering there gave the downward sensors a command to understand the ground below then simply flew off. At a point out hit RTH and the Mavic hit almost exactly on the X he drew on the ground.
I CAN'T FIND THAT VIDEO,:mad: it was on you tube red but on my internet TV so no history
Can anyone exzplain this or point me to a tuit on this method please?
mikemoose55

Precision take off is when you tap the take off icon on your phone and then put a checkbox in "Precise Record of Takeoff Point." Then slide the circle to the right to take off. Once it's in the air, give it a few seconds to take a picture of the landing pad.

It doesn't need to hover at 90 feet.

Reactions: beach_Dr
I agree that 90 feet is too high. When I do the Precise Take Off, it hovers about 16 feet and records the return to home point. I rarely have a problem with the MP not returning to the exact spot, occasion slightly off, but within a foot or two and I usually use the RTH feature just to give me comfort that it works and hopefully with work in case of an emergency

Thanks that very possibly was his method. From his verbal description it seemed that he gave an instruction after the MP was hovering but the method above makes sense.
Thanks all for your time and contribution
mikemoose55

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tienvn1904