DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

preparing for a dangerous mission

cool video . One thing I would have done is select the center of the field as a POI and let the Mavic circle it . Doing a POI during the demo would be cool if they plan on imploding it .

Awesome job!! Love the guy giving you 2 thumbs up as he is looking up at you! Wonder if he was a security guard?

cool video . One thing I would have done is select the center of the field as a POI and let the Mavic circle it . Doing a POI during the demo would be cool if they plan on imploding it .

I did circle the venue using poi at various distances and heights, but the footage seemed too dull to include in this video. Maybe speeding up the footage or some other truck would make it more interesting.

I shot over 40 mins of video.

This is the part that makes me the most nervous. I've only had mavic about a month and I've never had to rely on RTH. It should work as intended...but there is always a possibility of the giant metal structure causing problems with the compass or gps or any number of other possible malfunctions. If mavic is lost inside the structure it's not easily recoverable.

There is no danger to people or property, other than mavic.

Lookup RTH Setup Checklist on this forum.

Sweet video, I have a few questions.
1) What were the video settings you used?
2) There is clearly someone walking in the stands at 1:58. If it's you, how'd you get in there? Special permission or ninja break in?
3) Other than the German fellow did anyone else question what you were doing?

IMG_0239.JPG View attachment 10276 Looking forward to the video ! The stadium is a far cry from the magnificent concert venue it once was. Was a lucky young man to get to see Led Zeppelin perform there April 30 th 1977.

What's with all the cars in the parking lot? Looks like Disney world lot.

Perfect setting for an apocalypse movied, mad max or zombies. Great footage and at the same time quite sad, look pretty well designed.
Did you see the trailer of the upcoming Transformers: The last night?

Sweet video, I have a few questions.
1) What were the video settings you used?
2) There is clearly someone walking in the stands at 1:58. If it's you, how'd you get in there? Special permission or ninja break in?
3) Other than the German fellow did anyone else question what you were doing?

This is one of the first videos I filmed using my new taco nd filters. I forget which one I used, but I changed my settings to 24 frames with a shutter speed of 50. Apparently this is how you are supposed to film "cinematic" things.

Nobody questioned me, but it is in a pretty rough neighborhood that was bustling on this day. It is worth noting I was standing in the sidewalk across from the silverdome property. This is hundreds of feet from the building. Had quite a few onlookers ask about the drone. I'm a person who generally practices above average situational awareness so it's strange to be flying a drone which allows for pretty much zero situational for non drone related activities.

Last edited:
Why was there person in the dome? Maintenance guy? LOL

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mandeh