DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Preparing for my first night flight

redserv

Reactions
Hello guys I will like to start gathering some data. I am using my MPP to attempt my first night flight, however I have some questions.

1. Should I put my camera settings on AUTO first, and then switch to manual? I am thinking that will allow my camera to auto adjust and then tweek settings with manual.

2. Should I disable all my sensors ( vision, front )

3. Will RTH work at night, I am thinking it should since it uses GPS, but I could be wrong.

For safety I am using the ARCII Firehouse strobe lights- to help with orientation and keeping VLOS.

Any additional tips will surely be appreciated, thanks in advance.

1. You can see what auto gives you but most auto settings need adequate light to work, especially focus. It is best to put it in manual focus to keep it from trying to adjust while recording.
2. Vision based sensors do not work at night but they should not interfere if left on.
3. RTH will work at night. The precision landing portion will not but it should get you close enough. Just be prepared to take control if it is off by too much.

I also have my front LED's controlled by my C2 button so I can turn them off or on as needed. I am not spying on anyone but would rather not draw any extra attention from the drone haters.

Reactions: Porky
I also have my front LED's controlled by my C2 button so I can turn them off or on as needed. I am not spying on anyone but would rather not draw any extra attention from the drone haters.

We don’t have drone haters, people love us.., yeah right. But that’s a good idea regarding your above comment, like it;)

1. You can see what auto gives you but most auto settings need adequate light to work, especially focus. It is best to put it in manual focus to keep it from trying to adjust while recording.
2. Vision based sensors do not work at night but they should not interfere if left on.
3. RTH will work at night. The precision landing portion will not but it should get you close enough. Just be prepared to take control if it is off by too much.

Thanks Mossi I will definitely be trying some of those tips.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada