DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Preston North End Football Club (5 minutes+)

Paul Iddon

Reactions
One for the soccer fans...

Preston North End FC is a professional football club in Preston, Lancashire, England. Preston North End was a founder member of the Football League in 1888.

The club's most famous players have been Tom Finney and Bill Shankly, who are both commemorated at Deepdale by stands named after them. Outside the ground you will see a sculpture, set in a fountain, which depicts Preston North End legend Sir Tom Finney sliding through a puddle while controlling the ball on a waterlogged pitch (based on a photograph taken by John Horton).

©Paul Iddon

Kind permission given for the inside-ground footage by Jonathan Caunce (Stadium and Facilities Manager @ PNE). Geo unlocked by DJI Fly Safe.

Paul.

Awesome thanks for sharing

Reactions: Paul Iddon
Excellent Paul! Lucky guy to get permission from the club.

Thanks Yogi.

After the initial flight (from the park across from the ground) I walked to the statue to film that area. Once done, I saw two staff members walking nearby so I literally walked up them and said "Excuse me, could I maybe go inside...) and as it happens, the fellow turned out to be the Stadium and Facilities Manager - and he "No problem" and so in I went. Pays to ask sometimes, because otherwise it would all have been just the aerial shots from outside.

Paul.

Last edited:
Reactions: Micky52 and Yogi053
Great work. Thanks for posting.

Thank you Jim. This was my second visit - the first was geo-locked so had to go and sort that out for a return journey.

Paul.

Nice video. Here's a few observations... first, REALLY nice stadium. All the seats are covered from the weather and it's a cool architectural design. Must be a great place to see a game. Seems odd so many people live right around the facility. You don't see much of that in the USA at our "football" stadiums. I like that fountain and was that a pub directly connected to the stadium? Cool.

Nice video. Here's a few observations... first, REALLY nice stadium. All the seats are covered from the weather and it's a cool architectural design. Must be a great place to see a game. Seems odd so many people live right around the facility. You don't see much of that in the USA at our "football" stadiums. I like that fountain and was that a pub directly connected to the stadium? Cool.

Cheers m8.

The statue (Sir Tom Finney) and Finney's Café & Sports Bar are fans' favourites on match days. Many people meet at the statue before hand and go into the bar. Here in the UK, I would say that the majority of stadiums are in built up areas. My own football team (Everton) has houses all around it on 3 sides literally a hundred from the walls of the ground.

Paul.

Paul your videos are doing Lancashire some justice

Thanks Pete - like all counties there are areas I wouldn't walk in surrounded by a hundred bodyguards, lol, but on the other hand there are so many wonderful places to visit both rural and urban.

Paul.

One for the soccer fans...

Preston North End FC is a professional football club in Preston, Lancashire, England. Preston North End was a founder member of the Football League in 1888.

The club's most famous players have been Tom Finney and Bill Shankly, who are both commemorated at Deepdale by stands named after them. Outside the ground you will see a sculpture, set in a fountain, which depicts Preston North End legend Sir Tom Finney sliding through a puddle while controlling the ball on a waterlogged pitch (based on a photograph taken by John Horton).

©Paul Iddon

Kind permission given for the inside-ground footage by Jonathan Caunce (Stadium and Facilities Manager @ PNE). Geo unlocked by DJI Fly Safe.

Paul.
I really enjoyed that look at PNE's ground. Tom Finney statue was really cool.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31