DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pretty happy with this one

Can you name the star in the western sky? Not a star! It's our evil twin planet, Venus.

My only criticism of this stunningly beautiful photograph is a noticeable degree of digital noise. Probably inevitable in those conditions, but I'd recommend a pass through PhotoShop or the like to tamp it down. Still, great shot, and kudos to you for framing it up just right.

Can you name the star in the western sky? Not a star! It's our evil twin planet, Venus.

My only criticism of this stunningly beautiful photograph is a noticeable degree of digital noise. Probably inevitable in those conditions, but I'd recommend a pass through PhotoShop or the like to tamp it down. Still, great shot, and kudos to you for framing it up just right.

@Prismatic if you were to run it through PhotoShop, how long might it take you, or a newbie, to reduce the digital noise, what processes would you use, and what should he be looking for as a result? Is there anything else you would do to improve the OP's picture? So many people take pictures and video and never do any post processing, and you would be a good person to ask about the process since thats what you are recommending.

Reactions: newguy
@Prismatic if you were to run it through PhotoShop, how long might it take you, or a newbie, to reduce the digital noise, what processes would you use, and what should he be looking for as a result? Is there anything else you would do to improve the OP's picture? So many people take pictures and video and never do any post processing, and you would be a good person to ask about the process since thats what you are recommending.

The tool I use (Paintshop Pro, the poor man's PhotoShop) makes digital noise removal simple: it's the fourth item on the 'Adjust' menu. Basic removal only takes a couple of seconds, but you can fiddle with the dials as much as you like.

What I noticed and commented on is the "grain" in the sky. It looks "gritty" instead of "silky". That's digital noise. As a perfectionist, I'd select only the sky and water, and apply strong digital noise reduction. It's less an issue in the bright lights and architectural details (and heavy DNR can 'smoosh' sharp and important detail). But when you have exquisitely smooth gradations--as this image has in the sky and water--they shouldn't be "sandy" looking; their tones should meld like hot butter and chocolate.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3