DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Preventing theft while away on holiday

rickyjune

Reactions
Hello,

Has anyone got any recommendations on the best way to keep a mavic safe in a hotel room when not using it?

Normally I would use a safe in the room for valuable items, however in this case it’s likely that it won’t be big enough to store the mavic.

Or am I worrying too much and it would be ok just left in the locked room- has anyone had any issues if they have done this in the past?

Many thanks in advance

Wayne

Depends on how risk-averse you are. You could put everything in a backpack or case and bring it everywhere with you. Then, on the other end of the spectrum, you could leave everything in the room in a drawer. Most folks work out some plan that falls between these extremes.

You may want to check your home/renters insurance policy to see if it covers loss of possessions in hotels/motels. Also, check your auto insurance policy to see if it covers loss of possessions in your car or a rental car.

I feel most comfortable in the middle of the spectrum. I put just the Mavic, controller and iPad in the safe and everything else goes in a drawer. My insurance policies cover me in the room and in the car, but I don’t want to wait the time it takes to get replacements for the essential components. Every other component I can get in 1 or 2 days from online retailers.

Go with what you feel is most comfortable for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: rickyjune
Thank you everyone, it is for when I start taking my Mavic abroad with me. Like LivinLarge stated, I suppose that the hotel safes are the first place a potential thief would look. Asking the hotel to safe keep is a good idea- failing this then I guess best course of action would be to hide it in the room somewhere out of the way. Thanks again for your help [emoji1303]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13