DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PRIVACY INVASION?

If a person is outside and has no reasonable expectation of privacy (like standing behind a tall fence), "spying", by definition/legality, can not occur.

Of course there are some exceptions (like stalking)...but the main point here is probably that "legal" doesn't always line up with ethical...so each person, ethically, has to make up their own mind.

The very thought that I actually read this thread, reminds me, humbly, how friggin lucky my daughter is all grown up, educated, and automated!
Ok, I did it. I have to come clean. Last night I confirmed one of my kid's location with my drone. She told me she was going out, and I followed her. Well, not me, my drone. What I like to call "the extension of me. That toy that has it's own personality it seems. " Surprisingly very good detail. Anyway, I digress. At first it was innocent. I was already flying. I saw her ambulating down the road. I thought "hey self, it will be funny to follow her!" Then , next thing I know, I'm all in. Followed her to her friends house (she never told me she was going there). Then to another house, and then be popping around the neighborhood. The thing is, I don't "mistrust" my kid's. For the most part they are good kid's. And for the most part I don't have any concerns where they are off to. But, we track them on their cellphones, and now, A DRONE??!!
Its interesting what you see whilst flying. It's not that you are actively 'spying", but your up there, and you look around. People walking their dogs, cars rolling in and out of the neighborhood, joggers, et cetera. So, what is the limit. When does it become "spying". I have a feeling people without drones consider it spying, which in some regards it is. I didn't know drones had cameras until I purchased one. What do you think?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31