DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Private pilot with part 107 - certificate question…

KTM1290R

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I’m a private pilot with an instrument rating and recently passed my Part 107 (thanks Pilot Institute)…. I’m waiting for my certificate to be processed with the FAA so does anyone know if I will get a separate certificate for Remote Pilot UAS or will I get a new card with basically everything I have on one card (front/back) and if this is the case, what will the FAA consider my highest rating to print on the front? just curious…. Thanks

I think you will get a new card for sUAS

I’m a private pilot with an instrument rating and recently passed my Part 107 (thanks Pilot Institute)…. I’m waiting for my certificate to be processed with the FAA so does anyone know if I will get a separate certificate for Remote Pilot UAS or will I get a new card with basically everything I have on one card (front/back) and if this is the case, what will the FAA consider my highest rating to print on the front? just curious…. Thanks
Yes, you will get a Separate Certificate!
If you look on FAA Safety : faasafety.gov you will be able to create an account and get copies of all your current cerficates.

You need to sign up for FAA Safety as this will allow to take your recurrent training (renewing your part 107)

Hope this helps.

Thanks JT, all sorted. I had a little housekeeping to do at the FAAsafety site so thank you…

Reactions: BigAl07
Congrats! I assume you did the "expedited" exam process for private pilots? I did this myself several years ago before I'd even ever flown a drone!

Did not ”expedite”. Even though I have aviation experience, I still did the full course with Pilot Institute. I felt there were a lot of additional tips, information and insight that Greg offered, from his personal experiences, that added to the overall knowledge base for me.

Reactions: BigAl07
Did not ”expedite”. Even though I have aviation experience, I still did the full course with Pilot Institute. I felt there were a lot of additional tips, information and insight that Greg offered, from his personal experiences, that added to the overall knowledge base for me.

Excellent idea.

As far as the "Expedited" process.... there is a separate process for "Current" Manned Certificate holders but it's tied to you remaining Current. If, at some point in the future you allow your "currency" to lapse you couldn't use the "Part 61" process. Fortunately, a year or so ago the FAA made the Part 107 Recurrency Module almost identical and similarly as simple as the Part 61 Online Module so there is no real benefit to going the Part 61 to Part 107 Expedited route now that you have your "Full" Part 107.

Thank you for that little “needle in a haystack” bit of information. I have it tucked away in my mental file. I appreciate your comments and this forum for a great exchange of experiences…

It is a separate certificate, a separate plastic card than your Private Pilot Certificate. Just as if you were to get an A&P Certificate it would be a separate Card.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne