DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pro 1 battery extender? No Mods

NewbieNewbie

Reactions
Hi to all the experienced members here

Sorry I am totally new. Please forgive my ignorance.

I cant modify anything at all, and was advised to buy the Mavic Pro 1 which has digital zoom they said and then extend the battery life to get a vast range for surveillance on a massive farm where intruders are a serious problem (therefore must have zoom, and reasonably priced).

I saw this battery life extender on Ebay, but I would not have the skills to modify anything.

May I ask if anyone knows is this battery extender at Ebay is "plug and play" - easy to just attach and connect OR is this a complex process please? Here is the link at Ebay:

Thank you to everyone for all your advice.

As a last question, may I ask if, this Mavic Pro 1 reaches its maximum range of 7 km, what is the image quality like, considering it is not occusync (I am by the means to buy the mini 2, but its range is too short, hence a member advised the Pro 1, and then hack to FCC for free to get the range).

Thank you again

Best wishes

@NewbieNewbie ,first of all the Mavic pro does have Occusync
the battery mod you mentioned will not make a lot of difference to the flight time ,simply because the increased weight of the extra battery strapped to the mavic will have to be carried ,which in effect will therefore actually shorten the flight time ,relative to the extra capacity it will provide ,i am afraid that if you require a drone to do what you are asking ,then you are going to need a very expensive hybrid powered commercial drone

Reactions: THE CYBORG
the battery mod you mentioned will not make a lot of difference to the flight time ,simply because the increased weight of the extra battery strapped to the mavic will have to be carried ,which in effect will therefore actually shorten the flight time ,relative to the extra capacity it will provide ,i am afraid that if you require a drone to do what you are asking ,then you are going to need a very expensive hybrid powered commercial drone
Sorry, but you are just plain wrong. Battery mods like this have been successfully used to extend flight time on all DJI drones for years. Doubling the stock battery mAH generally results in about a 50% increase in flight time, when you factor in the extra weight being carried throughout the flight.

Reactions: Kilrah
Hi to all the experienced members here

Sorry I am totally new. Please forgive my ignorance.

I cant modify anything at all, and was advised to buy the Mavic Pro 1 which has digital zoom they said and then extend the battery life to get a vast range for surveillance on a massive farm where intruders are a serious problem (therefore must have zoom, and reasonably priced).

I saw this battery life extender on Ebay, but I would not have the skills to modify anything.

May I ask if anyone knows is this battery extender at Ebay is "plug and play" - easy to just attach and connect OR is this a complex process please? Here is the link at Ebay:

Thank you to everyone for all your advice.

As a last question, may I ask if, this Mavic Pro 1 reaches its maximum range of 7 km, what is the image quality like, considering it is not occusync (I am by the means to buy the mini 2, but its range is too short, hence a member advised the Pro 1, and then hack to FCC for free to get the range).

Thank you again

Best wishes
Read. Mavic Pro Battery Mod

Reactions: old man mavic
Sorry, but you are just plain wrong. Battery mods like this have been successfully used to extend flight time on all DJI drones for years. Doubling the stock battery mAH generally results in about a 50% increase in flight time, when you factor in the extra weight being carried throughout the flight.
Come on guys it’s almost Christmas.
You are both right carrying a extra battery is more weight and you do lose some of what gain because of it. But you also increase a
good bit of flying time doing it. There’s a chart in that link I think
where they compareEd flight times. Is it worth doing I don’t know
or care to do it but will show ya this is not a recent mod. I did it with a FC40 6 years ago. Added 2 more batteries as it only had 1.
I can’t remember back that far now just how much more time it gave me but it did.

Thank you to everyone.

But remember I know nothing about mods and connections and electronics.

Now I was wondering how complex it is to fit this "bracket" sold on Ebay to extend the flight time. I can't fit things and build things and "modify" electronic devices at all whatsoever.

Does anyone perhaps know if this device at Ebay is just there to attach and "plug" in or is this a complex process for someone who does not even one a tool set or a drill set (or who even knows how to use a drill).

If anyone kindly has time to look, here is the link at Ebay:

Thank you again and sorry to ask so many questions and advice.

Best wishes and Merry Christmas

Sorry sincerely

dirkclod

I only just saw now only that you kindly gave me the answer. Thank you kindly for this.

I almost think to myself I would make an error if I chose to buythe FIMI X8 SE 2020 (good range of 8km and 3x zoom) as opposed to a DFI drone because I am getting so much help and excellent advice here which I probably never would find if I bought a FIMI and had problems (I am still in the process of deciding which one to buy).

Thank you again to you and everyone here

Best wishes

Reactions: dirkclod
The clip is "plug and play" but then you have to get the auxiliary batteries, a charger for them, learn to use that, and really understand what you're doing to operate the lot safely.

Hi Kilrah

Are you saying this clip must be charged by auxilliary batteres, and then the clip is connected to the chief original DJI battery?
I have no concept of this. Will a newbie be able to handle this?

Thank you again Kilrah

Best wishes

Newbie or not doesn't matter, but ability/willingness to learn do. Based on previous question it might be challenging.

I’m sorry to say this again. The battery mod thread is more than a few hundred pages long, and the summary is the battery clip is not reliable unless you go do a solder joint. Friction based clip will get loose and have high contact resistance over time and physical stress. When the contact resistance is increased, a LOT of heat is generated and your battery power is just wasted. I have personally tried some versions that get me less than half flight time per doubling of battery capacity.

with a direct solder method, then I think the best I have gotten is half flight time per double capacity. A great battery to use is the actual mp1 cells for power vs weight. But cost is high.

...Are you saying this clip must be charged by auxilliary batteres, and then the clip is connected to the chief original DJI battery?
I have no concept of this. Will a newbie be able to handle this?...
You might want to check the website of the manufacture of the battery extender. They have pictures and instructions at Dji mavic battery mods. It doesn't look difficult to install, but you can judge that for yourself.

They also sell extenders for other DJI models.

Hi Anotherlab, thank you for the wonderful link you sent me. Amazing how innovative people who are to create such businesses. I could see anything for the MA2. Does it exist?
Thanks again
Best wishes

Hi Anotherlab, thank you for the wonderful link you sent me. Amazing how innovative people who are to create such businesses. I could see anything for the MA2. Does it exist?
Thanks again
Best wishes
I think your best option is to contact the UAV Mods people directly. I'm guessing that the Air and Air batteries have the same style of a 10 pin connector, but ask the people that make and sell the things.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa