DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pro 2, ZOOM, Or Platinum

Cactusflyr

Reactions
What are the differences in these models? Have read the literature, but for basic real estate video, what would you recommend and why?

Housing real-estate, Mavic 2 pro. 20 megapixel camera and absolutely stunning photography. Best consumer photography drone on the market IMO.

Land/farm real-estate, Mavic 2 Zoom. Still really great imagery but you can use the zoom function to zoom across the acreage to get different points of interest without having to fly the entire farm.

Reactions: TN Ray and CJH92474
Depending on where you're going to publish your images, i.e. web or print, if web a MPP will do fine. 12mp at 72 dpi will easily get the job done. Also the MPP is the quietest drone on the Market from DJI, the M2 Pro or Zoom are more noticeable, at least to my ears. Nothing like a Phantom however.

The zoom is limited to a basically a fixed aperture, 2.2 I believe to 3.5 just like a variable aperture zoom lens, so when you get to the limit of the lens in focal length, you will be at 3.5. I don't believe you have any ability to switch this, but I may be wrong on that.

Zoom has the same sensor as the MPP, but a better processor and photographic/video capability from that sensor. DJI is long overdue for a sensor update as the 1 2/3 has been around a while now.

Both M2 Pro and MPP IMO are basically ISO 100 cameras. You can push the ISO, but you can expect harsh noise unless you are shooting is very good light.

Any of the three will do a good job, but also remember that all of the lenses (MPP and M2 Pro) have considerable distortion as they are retrofocus wides. So if you are not looking straight on to you subject, you can expect to see elongation and flattening with a subject. Anything at the edge of the frame will show this and you can easily see if if you just pan across a scene. No idea about the zoom camera I have never shot it.

MPP is also the only DJI that allows you to turn the camera to a portrait orientation. Which at times will help with the distortion and allow for a much better panorama since you can stitch from vertical to get a better horizontal image. Sure wish DJI allowed this on either the zoom or Pro.

Paul C

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito