DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pro or Air?

Ccase39

Reactions
i had a P3 pro and sold it. I’m now in the market for a new one but like the Mavic platform. I cannot decide between the Air or Pro.
I like some of the new tech that comes with the Air but can’t decide if I want to sacrifice the flight time and range the Pro offers. The prices are basically the same now through amazon and while I don’t mind saving a little if I go with the Air bundle vs Pro bundle it’s not a driving factor.
I’m not a professional and I do it more for fun than anything.
What are your experiences? What is the real range of the Air and Pro in a rural setting?

Unless you are in a rush, I would wait for the Mavic 2 (Pro or Zoom), or for the Air 2.
If you can't wait and don't need the extra time of a Platinum, a MP is a bargain, just don't get the Fly More Combo and buy the "silent" propellers.

The Air is a good product, better camera, and better obstacle avoidance + APAS, but very noisy and unless you only want Line Of Sight, unreliable in terms of connectivity.

Last edited:
I'd go for the Pro. I haven't flown the Air, but hear the range is very limited in comparison. Also, the Pro is definitely nice and quiet(ish).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme