DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pro Platinum 4K videos

gallettab

Reactions
I don’t film much just like flying and taking an occasional picture. I was filming my daughters soccer game at a safe distance away and at 100 feet. I have 4 batteries so I was able to shoot each quarter without any low battery problems. When I got home and was downloading videos to my device, it only saved 9:06 of each quarter. It wasn’t even from the beginning of when I started recording. SD card was a 64 gold. Controller showed I still had more then 1 hour of space on the card. Any idea why it limited me on the video time for what I thought was going to be a 15 minute quarter.
Thanks

4GB is the maximum file size that will be created, which is about 9 minutes of 4k video. Video files would be split after that. Are you sure you do not have any additional files? You should have multiple 4GB files on the SD card.

4GB is the maximum file size that will be created, which is about 9 minutes of 4k video. Video files would be split after that. Are you sure you do not have any additional files? You should have multiple 4GB files on the SD card.

Watched all the videos multiple times. I can tell which quarter is which video by the players at the time. The most important video is not on the card. One of my daughters goals.

If I was to stop the video at about 8 minutes and start it again will I get all the video time I shoot before i land and change batteries. I will be trying it when I get off work tomorrow.

Thanks for the info.

thats strange as stated before it is usual for the video to carry on once the four GB limit is reached the file number just updates to the next video could be the way you have set up the way you save vids to the card you can choose continuous numbering or start from one which means you get more than one video with the same file number did you format you card in the drone before you started

Regardless of when you stop or start recording the max. file size will be 4gb of continuous video. Stopping and starting video creates new files, but once you hit the record button the AC should record non-stop until you physically stop it or until the card fills up.

Reactions: old man mavic
thats strange as stated before it is usual for the video to carry on once the four GB limit is reached the file number just updates to the next video could be the way you have set up the way you save vids to the card you can choose continuous numbering or start from one which means you get more than one video with the same file number did you format you card in the drone before you started

The only way I’m gonna figure it out is to put in a new card and make a couple of videos.

The only way I’m gonna figure it out is make a couple of videos.

The only way I’m gonna figure it out is to put in a new card and make a couple of videos.

I did a scientific experiment. I put a new battery in and put a clock on a chair. Started a recording and it did in fact stop after 9:06 and restarted a new file without landing. I also did one with stopping at 8:30 and restarted it without much of a time lapse. Everything worked perfect. “Shaking my Head”.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos