DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Probably the best time-lapse made with the Mavic Air

• Thread starter Deleted member 94047
  • Start date
Choose a calm day?

I'd say those glassy lake shots are at dawn. Looking at the color and sun angle. Plus, that’s usually when you get that kinda glass on the water. Back in the ‘70’s my brother and I used to ski competitively. He was a slalom guy, I liked to barefoot. 99% of my skiing was break of day. An hour after sunrise, the winds would pickup. Barefooting in even small chop sux.... but on glass, man there ain’t nothing like it....tumbleturns outside the wake table on virgin water, that steady hiss of the spray....oh yeah.

The Air is a very competent little camera Platform. Good, interesting imagery comes from the vision of the camera person, and her ability to recognize a good subject, find a time when the light is right, and frame it in an interesting way.

Came across this vid and I was blown away. Simply stunning! Couldn't believe this was done with a mavic air.

I have my doubts that all of these time lapse sequences were only done with a drone,(Mavic Air). I have been doing LRTimelapse videos for 5 years and am a member of the LRTimelapse Forum as well as this forum. Many of these sequences are regular timelapse sequences photographed with a DSLR and processed with the LRTimelapse software program. Of course they are all beautiful and amazing. Several really excellent time-lapse photographers regularly submit their 4K videos to the LRTimelapse Forum/Showroom and I recognize their work. If the submitter of the post feels differently, it would be nice to know.

I have my doubts that all of these time lapse sequences were only done with a drone,(Mavic Air) [...] If the submitter of the post feels differently, it would be nice to know.
Like I said, it is not my work and I cannot vouch for it. But the authors say this this particular sequence was shot with a Mavic Air (it is in the title as well as the description). In their other videos, they mention using other cameras (Canon 5D Mark 3, Canon EOS 6D, Canon EOS 550D, and such). So I really don't see why they would lie about this one.

Not actually saying the creator was lying. I merely think that some of the clips were done using a tripod and some done flying. I pursued the creator to his You Tube channel and asked him this question in the comments. If I get a reply I'll report back.

Came across this vid and I was blown away. Simply stunning! Couldn't believe this was done with a mavic air.

How long were you in the air? For those shots. That is a ton of change for 20 minutes. Impressive.

Not actually saying the creator was lying. I merely think that some of the clips were done using a tripod and some done flying. I pursued the creator to his You Tube channel and asked him this question in the comments. If I get a reply I'll report back.
Hi Dale! It looks like the creator of the video has added a little detail on how and with what it was shot via a link. The below is a screen grab from their linked site

1586856523802.png

Wish they gave us more details on techniques but it looks like the footage was definitely shot with the Mavic Air. This is undoubtedly one of the best examples of the magic that is post production. They are also offering their LUTs for a price of €10. I would love to get my hands on those LUTs and see what I can do with them but I am all out of luck at the moment (my CC just expired and I have no other means of paying for it even if I want to).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters