DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problem attaching iPad to controller

bburnett15

Reactions
M2P usually with SC but i decided i want to try the iPad mini (so using the DJI controller that came with the SC). I have had no problem connecting and using my regular iPad with it as well as my iPhone and my old iPhone. For some reason i cant get the iPad mini to accommodate linking. It gets to step 3 of 4 and thats it. The mini has a USB -C connection (i think) and everything else has a lightning connection. Does this still get connected thru the standard USB connection on the controller like my regular iPad?
Any idea why it wont work?
Thanks

Attachments

• A9A4DEE8-670C-4583-8ACA-C6BBF1F5899F.jpeg
    A9A4DEE8-670C-4583-8ACA-C6BBF1F5899F.jpeg
    795 KB · Views: 6
Be sure you are using the port on the bottom of the controller. Also be sure that no cable is plugged into the side charging port while connecting. This disables the bottom port. Good luck.

Be sure you are using the port on the bottom of the controller. Also be sure that no cable is plugged into the side charging port while connecting. This disables the bottom port. Good luck.
I use a Crystal Sky with the M2P and also sometimes use the side plug at the same time to charge the controller from an external battery phone charger.They both work at the same time.Is it just with Apple stuff that they won't?

Thanks- yes i discovered the side charging port could be a problem if not unplugged. Im going to return the mini and get the TripLtek 8

Reactions: pchaps and MA2 317
Thanks- yes i discovered the side charging port could be a problem if not unplugged. Im going to return the mini and get the TripLtek 8
The Tripletek will be great with its bright screen.I went from an Ipad mini to a Crystal Sky(same nits as Tripletek) and the difference was very significant.

Ok. I did that, but now cannot get the tripltek to work.
-i purchased the tripltek 8 to use with my Mavic 2 Pro and Litchi.
I cannot get the screen to work even when the controller is paired with the drone- so im thinking the problem may be the cable because things are working on either end of the cable, just not working together.
I am connecting it the same way i connected my iPad, with USB A into the controller and USB C into the tripltek. ( I also disconnect the short cable that came with the controller for use with smart phone). Also i have tried to start it with bothe Go4 and Litchi and neither works.
On the Tripltek website store, i didnt see a cable for connecting the Mavic 2 so i purchased the one i described earlier.
So- any advice on what im doing wrong?
Should the connection to the controller use a mini AB into the side of the controller instead of the USB A?

Last edited:
Using the same long cable you use to charge the TRIPLTEK connect the USB standard to the bottom of the controller and the USBc side to the TRIPLTEK. This configuration should work fine, if it is not working maybe the USB A port on the controller is faulty

Using the same long cable you use to charge the TRIPLTEK connect the USB standard to the bottom of the controller and the USBc side to the TRIPLTEK. This configuration should work fine, if it is not working maybe the USB A port on the controller is faulty
AWESOME! Thank you ! I tried other cables that looked the same but didn’t work - this one worked immediately! Thanks again!

ON MY MAVIC 2 , I CANNOT GET PAST THE PAGE (DJIGO4) __DISCONNECTED __ ENTER DEVICE IHAVE THIS PROBLEM ONCE IN A WHILE THEN IT COMES AROUND AND WORKS FINE.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostseb