DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problem reading sd card on ipad & iphone

wjcotting

Reactions
Relatively new Air 2S user. Using a Sandisk Extreme Plus 128gb card and formatted it in the drone. I have been able to remove the card, plug it into my Mac and access the photos and movies on the card. Would like to do same on ipad using Files app - can see the card and can open folders on it, but when I try to open the DCIM/100MEDIA folder I get an error "Content Unavailable" ... "Unknown error".
Have tried restarting the ipad several times with the sd reader attached and unattached.
Same problem when I try this on my iphone 12 using a different sd card adapter.

I read somewhere that the cards should be formatted in the drone, which I did. Have not tried formatting it in the ipad and not sure that can even be done.

Any ideas/advice?

Relatively new Air 2S user. Using a Sandisk Extreme Plus 128gb card and formatted it in the drone. I have been able to remove the card, plug it into my Mac and access the photos and movies on the card. Would like to do same on ipad using Files app - can see the card and can open folders on it, but when I try to open the DCIM/100MEDIA folder I get an error "Content Unavailable" ... "Unknown error".
Have tried restarting the ipad several times with the sd reader attached and unattached.

I read somewhere that the cards should be formatted in the drone, which I did. Have not tried formatting it in the ipad and not sure that can even be done.

Any ideas/advice?
I have transferred files from the same micro sd card to a MacBook and iPad Pro without any problem. Perhaps borrow/try a different reader? Perhaps Photos app responds to insertion of card reader. It does seem strange but those are my only thoughts for the moment. I will test that connection and confirm when I get home in four days. Good luck.

Any ideas/advice?
I don’t use the Files app on my iPad but I do use the Photos app where the SD card shows up and displays the files quite happily… is this an option for you?

I have transferred files from the same micro sd card to a MacBook and iPad Pro without any problem. Perhaps borrow/try a different reader? Perhaps Photos app responds to insertion of card reader. It does seem strange but those are my only thoughts for the moment. I will test that connection and confirm when I get home in four days. Good luck.
Dr. Doug, what card reader do you use?

Review: HyperDrive POWER 9-in-1 — USB-C Hub and Card Reader

This link should take you to a review of what I use. It’s trade name is Hyper Drive. It really is a USB C based hub that offers multiple functions. I use it with my MacBook Pro and and an iPad. Both have ThunderBolt/USB C ports. This works well it travels well. On the road this with an iPad will off load your photos. It costs about $79 but it does everything well.
Doug

Reactions: pchaps
Doug, Thanks you. Perfect timing. I see that the HyperDrive (and Anker) are marketed toward the Apple users while I am PC/Win10. Any concerns? Then, since I do not need the extra ports, just the card reader for camera cards, I looked at the Anker, One review states "4k@60Hz does not work, but 4k@30Hz works fine" are they referring to an attempt to view/stream 4K/60 from a card in the reader? If so its moot point as I only need to transfer files from cam card to computer. All I really need is a card reader with a single slot. I would buy two of them. I appreciate your site and review and I read it all, however quickly :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest