DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problem with calibrate compass

gabrielsp01

Reactions
Hi everyone, I'm trying to calibrate my mavic pro's compass but it always fails when I take the second step of turning vertically.
Could you help me, please?

Hi everyone, I'm trying to calibrate my mavic pro's compass but it always fails when I take the second step of turning vertically.

Are the Mavic arms unfolded ?
Are you inside or out ?
Anything metal close by ?

Reactions: Johnnyaibo
Without more details of what is happening, I can suggest that you make sure no magnetic interference is near, a smart watch can affect it.

Point the AC straight down on the second step and rotate all of you rather than just the AC

Yes hold it towards your chest and move your feet in a circular direction and not just the Mavic Pro.

I have another problem, with iphone 8 (IOS 11.0) the DJI 4 does not work RC mode
But in my ipad does work.

I have another problem, with iphone 8 (IOS 11.0) the DJI 4 does not work RC mode
But in my ipad does work.

Update to the latest version of IOS 11.2.1

Make sure it’s not on pavement like your driveway. Mine wouldn’t calibrate because of all the rebar in my drive. Did mine over the grass area. Indoor floors like tiles have metal in them too[emoji6]

Make sure it’s not on pavement like your driveway. Mine wouldn’t calibrate because of all the rebar in my drive. Did mine over the grass area. Indoor floors like tiles have metal in them too[emoji6]
Michigan, I will try to do that at grass. Thank you

I had the same problem and then read somewhere about magnetic sources being an issue. I realised the hand I was using to hold/calibrate the Mavic Pro is the same one that had a fitbit with a magnetic strap! doh! Off came the fitbit, and the calibration worked successfully!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velmapeterson