DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problem with magnetic interference

browniedrone

Reactions
Problem? NEW MA wont fly due to magnetic interference and cant calibrate compass

Was unit in a crash? no

What have you tried so far?: factory reset, all firmware updates on MA and RC, same on App. Went 100m from nearest metal object to calibrate....

What device are you using? CAT S60

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? Latest

What Go app version are you using? Latest

Any modification? its all a stock unit out of box

Did you change anything or install any apps? not

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? only a screen cap of the magnetic interference indicator stuck on 999.

Current location: Salta, Northern Argentina. -24.737 -65.470

Read and found some videos on of highly sparky techniques using magnets or demagnetizer devices any real solution to this problem?

Thanx in advance for your help!

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 79
Im thinking that something might have gotten damaged in transit. Could you possibly return it for a different one?

Yes but it will take ages, took them 5 weeks to deliver to Salta (i'm in Argentina) and i need it for a job asap.

Sucks to have a brand new flightless MA.....

From your description, one possible explanation is that something became magnetized in storage or transit. You certainly won't do any further harm by attempting to demagnetize.
The thing is how... Can't find reliable info information on how to. Only some magnet jugglers

I’d started getting random compass redundancy switch messages recently so I dug out an old tape head degausser. Powered it up, ran it over the casing above the Mavic’s compasses then walked out to the middle of the field behind my house and recalibrated the compass. Messages stopped and drone flying well so either the deguasser worked or or the calibration worked or the combination of both did the trick.

I had same problem with compass. Try magnet trick million times - it got worst. Try demagnetize it with watch demagnetizer - no result. I gave it to demagnetization to DJI Lima and after 2 times it started to work correctly. They told me that the used really big demagnetizer second time.

In South America it is really hard to repair Your dron.

I know it might sound crazy but I have found that I need to remove my Apple Watch or I get the interference message.

Cheers, i recently bought an Apple watch and thought I'd play it safe and remove my watch before flight.
Guess it was a good idea - thank you.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan