DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problem with my Mavic Pro Platinum

abby

Reactions
Hi everyone,

Was flying my Mavic yesterday and midflight after i pointed the camera all the way down....the gimbal would not come back up and stopped responding and recording.
The Mavic not hit anything (till date)...wind was not harsh either. I landed it and tried restarting the Mavic (with different batteries too) but the gimbal won't initialize and i can't see the output from the camera either now when i connect the Mavic to the remote. The Camera dial is not able to control the camera movement.

Any suggestions on what i can do about it? It's a new Mavic Platinum and flown only 5-6 times.

I tried refreshing the the firmware using the assistant app on my Mac.

I restored it to factory setting first - was successful
I pressed the refresh button next to the V01.04.0100 (the current version of my Mavic) and that fails
I clicked upgrade to update it to the latest V01.04.0200 and that update fails too.
In both cases the Mavic restarts twice and upgrde fails at 56%.

I tried upgrading the firmware to V01.04.0200 using the DJI app on my phone while it is connected to the remote - also fails.

I have no clue what to do.
Bought it in Singapore when i was there and now i am not in Singapore anymore. India has no DJI support whatsoever. Not feasable to send it by courier for repair. Don't think it will make it back through customs.

Any ideas on what i can try here? Any help is appreciated. Desperate to get it working again. Didn't expect a new 5 flight old mavic to behave this way.

Reactions: survivor711
When your doing the firmware upgrades are you using a full battery, the DJI Assistant will go into error if the AC does not have enough battery capacity to do the upgrade.

You should see error messages in the bottom left of the DJI Assistant when an upgrade fails

I know this might be silly to ask but I'm just pursuing all avenues here. Did you make sure to remove the gimbal clamp?
Also have you tried doing a gimbal calibration? If neither of these options work then you might be able to send it for their standard manufacturer warranty. Not exactly sure how their manufacturer warranty is handled by out of country purchases. Either way it never hurts to call and ask. If they say you need a DJI Care Refresh which you pay for then let them know that this is a manufacturer defect in which case you won't have to pay a dime.
North America DJI Support: +1 818-235-0789

Reactions: Sportsman22
I will chime in with, try a different cable from the RC to the Phone/tablet use the full size USB port on the rc and make sure you unplug the side mount connection all together on the rc

When your doing the firmware upgrades are you using a full battery, the DJI Assistant will go into error if the AC does not have enough battery capacity to do the upgrade.

You should see error messages in the bottom left of the DJI Assistant when an upgrade fails

Using full Battery! By the time the failure message pops up at 56% progress...the battery is only gone 25% or less with 3 LEDs steady.

I know this might be silly to ask but I'm just pursuing all avenues here. Did you make sure to remove the gimbal clamp?
Also have you tried doing a gimbal calibration? If neither of these options work then you might be able to send it for their standard manufacturer warranty. Not exactly sure how their manufacturer warranty is handled by out of country purchases. Either way it never hurts to call and ask. If they say you need a DJI Care Refresh which you pay for then let them know that this is a manufacturer defect in which case you won't have to pay a dime.
North America DJI Support: +1 818-235-0789

Gimbal Clamp removed before any operation - flying or upgrade.
Will try doing a gimbal calibration as you suggest.
Gotten in touch with those guys but all support is out of India.

I will chime in with, try a different cable from the RC to the Phone/tablet use the full size USB port on the rc and make sure you unplug the side mount connection all together on the rc

Will try that too today. Thanks for the suggestion.

Not able to do Gimbal calibration as GIMBAL SETTING is not even appearing in the menu on the app. Can't see that icon...looks like a camera with a line over it.

Tried with a different cable from the USB port at the bottom. No luck. Took care to remove the cable plugged into the side top left port before trying.

I'd go onto the DJI Mavic forum and pm one of the DJI Moderators to add the firmware beta to your DJI account. They give this to owners who have trouble upgrading firmware when they haven't been upgrading in sync with each release. With the Mavic firmware you can't afford to skip too many upgrades.

First before u do all that uninstall app then reinstall it. Also i would refresh both fw on mavic and rc.....use assistant again, do just the mavic. Then u will have to do remote seperate i think u have to plug in usb on remote to comp, then turn it on. If that does not work try another computer

I'd go onto the DJI Mavic forum and pm one of the DJI Moderators to add the firmware beta to your DJI account. They give this to owners who have trouble upgrading firmware when they haven't been upgrading in sync with each release. With the Mavic firmware you can't afford to skip too many upgrades.
just curious, what if someone had a mavic and hasn't done any firmware upgrades since mar 17? ive got someone that has one that hasn't flown it but 4x and it has sat since. not sure if it will be worth buying it or it will be a nightmare to upgrade.

just curious, what if someone had a mavic and hasn't done any firmware upgrades since mar 17? ive got someone that has one that hasn't flown it but 4x and it has sat since. not sure if it will be worth buying it or it will be a nightmare to upgrade.

It can be upgraded you just need to have the beta added to your DJI account so that you can use DJI Assistant 2 to do the upgrade.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki