DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problem with RTH

Rampage

Reactions
Hi all, I have a question:

I have set the RTH to the current aircraft position.
When I want to initiate the RTH via the app button it starts immediately to descent downwards and if I don't cancel it will eventually land where it is.
That is not the case when I do it via the RC RTH button. Then it initiates the procedure as it has to be. Only that it lands approx. 1 meter away from the landing point.

Am I doing something wrong while using the RTH via the app button?

Also I get a message Attitude is too large Backward obstacle sensing is unavailable. What does that mean?

Thanks for the help!

The app and button should function the same. However, the aircaft will RTH differently depending upon how far it is from the home point. <5 meters, it will land, 5-20 meters, it will return at current altitude and then land, and greater than 20 meters it will ascend to the set altitude before returning. How far away was it when you pressed the button and used the app?

Also notice on app upgrades or other times, the RTH altitude has been known to reset, so make sure you check it.

As to the attitude to large message, when flying fast(ish) or in windy conditions, the aircraft pitches during movement. If it pitches too much, the sensors are at too much of an angle to work, and you get the message that they are off. Slow down if you feel like you need them.

Reactions: Rampage and JMF
The app and button should function the same. However, the aircaft will RTH differently depending upon how far it is from the home point. <5 meters, it will land, 5-20 meters, it will return at current altitude and then land, and greater than 20 meters it will ascend to the set altitude before returning. How far away was it when you pressed the button and used the app?

Also notice on app upgrades or other times, the RTH altitude has been known to reset, so make sure you check it.

As to the attitude to large message, when flying fast(ish) or in windy conditions, the aircraft pitches during movement. If it pitches too much, the sensors are at too much of an angle to work, and you get the message that they are off. Slow down if you feel like you need them.
Thanks, the altitude was lower than the RTH altitude but the distance was more than 20 meters and yet it tried to land where it is and not ascending to the 20 meter pre-set RTH altitude.
Will try next time to go further and then tap again the on the return to home on the app screen.

Thanks for this info, I was wondering why my air climbed to a RTH altitude sometimes and not others. Good to know.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS