DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problems setting up MA for a new owner

dannybgoode

Reactions
I sold my MA to a friend yesterday (yes it did hurt letting it go) and I had various issues setting it up and getting it to talk to DJI Go4 on his phone.

He has registered a DJI account and we were logged into that. However, going through the connect to aircraft steps it always failed when trying to join the MA’s WiFi.

Both my phone and his are iOS devices and we were trying a wired connection via the RC.

Eventually even though it said connection had failed for the fourth or fifth time it decided it was happy enough and we got a good 15 minutes of flight using his phone and DJI account.

However this morning he’s just phoned me to say that it’s not connecting again and it’s failing at the same point - trying to connect to the MA’s WiFi

Am I missing a step or otherwise being stupid?!

I sold my MA to a friend yesterday (yes it did hurt letting it go) and I had various issues setting it up and getting it to talk to DJI Go4 on his phone.

He has registered a DJI account and we were logged into that. However, going through the connect to aircraft steps it always failed when trying to join the MA’s WiFi.

Both my phone and his are iOS devices and we were trying a wired connection via the RC.

Eventually even though it said connection had failed for the fourth or fifth time it decided it was happy enough and we got a good 15 minutes of flight using his phone and DJI account.

However this morning he’s just phoned me to say that it’s not connecting again and it’s failing at the same point - trying to connect to the MA’s WiFi

Am I missing a step or otherwise being stupid?!
I am totally confused here as to why you are even trying to connect to the MA WiFi. You are using a USB cable connection between the tablet and the controller so no WiFi is necessary. You only need to connect to the MA WiFi if you decide to use the portable device (Phone/tablet) without a controller.

Try turning off WiFi on the tablet. Then connect it to the controller and power up both the controller and the MA. DJI Go 4 should connect to the controller and the controller should connect to the MA. Ready to Fly!

I am totally confused here as to why you are even trying to connect to the MA WiFi. You are using a USB cable connection between the tablet and the controller so no WiFi is necessary. You only need to connect to the MA WiFi if you decide to use the portable device (Phone/tablet) without a controller.

Try turning off WiFi on the tablet. Then connect it to the controller and power up both the controller and the MA. DJI Go 4 should connect to the controller and the controller should connect to the MA. Ready to Fly!

Thank you - it’s so long since I’ve had to set the Air up I’d forgotten the proper steps. All good now :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR