DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problems Syncing photos

niclariv

Reactions
Hi all

I've got the original Mavic Pro. It used to always sync photos to my iPhone automatically right after I took them. Recently that has stopped happening. The option is still checked to sync the HD photo, but it's not doing it. So after I land I've been manually selecting the photos and syncing, but then sometimes there's duplicates - as if at that point it's doing the automatic sync (but not until then). Sometimes it gives me an error message saying it can't sync because my phone's storage is full (it's far from full - 170gb free), but the sync still works and then there's no duplicates.

Anyone else experience this? Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Nick

I haven't experienced automatic downloading photos from AC but it may be basing the storage limit to the cache size limit.
Well, I do remember the P3 had the means to download the video/photos through Lightbridge, but that was so slow, it wasn't worth it.

As far as cache size, I had changed the cache location to instead use the SD card installed on my tablet. It was a 64GB card and I had set the cache limit to Auto. That initially limited to 16GB which is the highest fixed size you can set. I changed it to 16, then 4, then back to Auto. By then it recognized the availability of what remained on the card, which was over 40GB.
I did copy files to OneDrive and then delete them which might have also caused Auto to give more storage capability.

Thanks, but I don't think that it's related to the cache. I've got the cache set to 4GB, and to automatically erase the oldest footage. The cache is working fine - 720p versions of the video, and lower resolution versions of the photos are all being saved as they're taken. The feature I'm talking about is the one that automatically downloads full resolution versions of photos to the phone immediately when they're taken, they're saved to the iPhone's camera roll. This feature always used to work fine for me until recently.

The feature I'm talking about is the one that automatically downloads full resolution versions of photos to the phone immediately when they're taken, they're saved to the iPhone's camera roll. This feature always used to work fine for me until recently.

Same problem here, was working until a couple months ago on my MPP and Android phone.

Multiple complaints of this on the DJI support forum as well, with some users reporting that syncing, uninstalling, and reinstalling DJI GO 4 seemed to fix the issue, though it did not work for me.

Complaints of this go back quite some time, on both iOS and Android, so doesn't seem necessarily linked to a specific Go app update.

In my case, even the low res 960x540 snapshots weren't all synching to my CACHE_IMAGE folder, but that now seems to work.

Are you using iPhones? If you are make sure your OS is updated.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d