DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problems with AREA restriction With MAVIC AIR

fixxxer3000

Reactions
Hello, im a new user, i purchase a new MAVIC AIR FLY MORE COMBO days ago , whe it arrive to my country Colombia latin america i flyed it good, to the next day whitout knowledge i update the remote controller, the firmware, the app dji go 4 and the RESTRICTIONS, so the updates was good and works but when i flyed again it in my city medellin Colombia, it only up 3 o mts high aprox, and in someones places it did not take off, so my 3rd test was in a farm the dron fly perfect..

i spoke with colleges about it and they says me, NOOOOO, not update it jajajaja because the dron will be with very much restrictions

now nothing to do, I made a mistake, this can repair, update, upload some hack?
how can I remove those restrictions, in my country we do not have problems with these drone flights, at least there is not a judicial restriction by police or something similar, I would like to fly the drone by any part that I want, is there something that can be done?

I apologize if my English is not good, my native language is Spanish

thx for your helps

You should be able to unlock any of the areas except the red areas surrounding the airport:

• Love
Reactions: fixxxer3000
thx mate, can you learning me how i can do it, or saysme someones instructions, thx

thx mate, can you learning me how i can do it, or saysme someones instructions, thx

If you are in the blue area, you should get a prompt on your device asking you to take responsibility for your flight and it might need to send you a SMS to unlock. If not, you can use the Self-Unlock website ahead of time.

As far as the altitude limitations, those can't be changed because if you fly higher in those areas you are risking aviation safety.

mmmm, but that does not matter to me, I want to fly in any space and in any place, under my own responsibility, I disagree that in the red part you can not, but in the blue and orange let me what I want

Are the update important, im afraid the same thing might happen to me,being restricted in some places,how can ya tell what ya really need and what ya dont and what can screw ya,,thx guys,mavic 2 zoom here..pat

mys mates saysme NO UPDATE, if you update your dron will have very much restrictions of area of fly

will be good a test as, update DRON, REMOTE and APP but not update the restrictions, but im not know if the drone fly with 3 updates without archive of restrictions, will be great but is a risk

will be good a test as, update DRON, REMOTE and APP but not update the restrictions, but im not know if the drone fly with 3 updates without archive of restrictions, will be great but is a risk
Updating the drone will update the restrictions as well. If you don’t update the firmware on the drone you will be prompted to update the restrictions but updating the firmware will automatically update the restrictions. There currently isn’t any good hack to remove the restrictions on the Mavic Air.

And there are no improved firmware roms and modified development as they do in devices like Android that remove all those limitations?

There are good reasons for the No Fly Zones. If you want to be a responsible pilot and avoid stricter regulations, just accept the fact that certain areas are out of bounce. Not only for your safety, but also for the pleasure of all the other pilots.

Reactions: Kilrah
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore