DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Prop Balancers

RZR12

Reactions
I've been checking on trying to purchase a Prop Balancer for a Mavic 2 pro/zoom I've checked several sites that sell the Du-Bro and Hobby King, they all say they don't have one that works for the M2Pro, I've checked a Top Flite Power Point that a RC friend of mine has and the shaft is too big by just a few thousands and the same with the Du-Bro I guess. Do any of you know if they make a unit that will work on our Drones? Maybe it would be easier as cheap as they are to just buy new Props? Thank you in advance for your thoughts/suggestions.

Just a quick question. Have you ever balanced a prop before? If you found your prop to be out of balance, how would you fix it? Im just curious, not being disrespectful or anything. I actually have a prop balancer, but if a prop has a crack or chip in it, it goes in the trash.

I came from RC airplanes and we used to have to balance every prop. We would bring the light blade into balance by a variety of methods. Same as in RC helis. Always had to balance them, unless they were prebalanced from the company, which most expensive ones were.

I've been checking on trying to purchase a Prop Balancer for a Mavic 2 pro/zoom I've checked several sites that sell the Du-Bro and Hobby King, they all say they don't have one that works for the M2Pro, I've checked a Top Flite Power Point that a RC friend of mine has and the shaft is too big by just a few thousands and the same with the Du-Bro I guess. Do any of you know if they make a unit that will work on our Drones? Maybe it would be easier as cheap as they are to just buy new Props? Thank you in advance for your thoughts/suggestions.

They are hinged foldable props, they can't be balanced. Moreover, due to the hinges they actually self balance nicely.

Just a quick question. Have you ever balanced a prop before? If you found your prop to be out of balance, how would you fix it? Im just curious, not being disrespectful or anything. I actually have a prop balancer, but if a prop has a crack or chip in it, it goes in the trash.

I came from RC airplanes and we used to have to balance every prop. We would bring the light blade into balance by a variety of methods. Same as in RC helis. Always had to balance them, unless they were prebalanced from the company, which most expensive ones were.
No I have not, I'm a new member and never flown a drone before this one, just thought it might be a handy tool to have but like I stated, I'm beginning to think it might be better to just buy new propellers. I've seen talk on the site where members put new props on and their drones seem to be quieter thinking the older props might have gotten out of balance? Thanks for the input.

Reactions: Former Member
No I have not, I'm a new member and never flown a drone before this one, just thought it might be a handy tool to have but like I stated, I'm beginning to think it might be better to just buy new propellers. I've seen talk on the site where members put new props on and their drones seem to be quieter thinking the older props might have gotten out of balance? Thanks for the input.
Sometimes people will put low noise on their legacy drones to try to reduce noise. This is not without its drawbacks but it might achieve their goals. I'm with you when you say you might just buy a new set. That's what I do if props are chipped cracked making noises or just vibrating.

Reactions: Inspirephil
I purchased a very accurate digital scale from Amazon and I weigh each individual propeller before I install it on my M2P for any weight deviations. That way I know whether or not the propellers are balanced equally. All the propellers were within.05 grams of each other and that’s pretty close to being as balanced as possible, at least in my opinion. And I am currently using carbon fiber propellers.

Last edited:
I purchased a very accurate digital scale from Amazon and I weigh each individual propeller before I install it on my M2P for any weight deviations. That way I know whether or not the propellers are balanced equally.

And what have been the results?

I purchased a very accurate digital scale from Amazon and I weigh each individual propeller before I install it on my M2P for any weight deviations. That way I know whether or not the propellers are balanced equally.

Must admit I hadn’t thought of that, but, as Thumderdrones asked in the original post, how do you balance them? I imagine they’ll all be x thousandths of a gram out to each other so it’s got to be fairly difficult?
The other thought is, having made sure the four sets of blades weigh the same, how do you ensure the two blades on each set are identical? Being hinged in the middle the difference in weight may be at the hinge not the blade, or am I getting it wrong in my mind? ( sorry if that’s the case). Take care. Peter

Must admit I hadn’t thought of that, but, as Thumderdrones asked in the original post, how do you balance them? I imagine they’ll all be x thousandths of a gram out to each other so it’s got to be fairly difficult?
The other thought is, having made sure the four sets of blades weigh the same, how do you ensure the two blades on each set are identical? Being hinged in the middle the difference in weight may be at the hinge not the blade, or am I getting it wrong in my mind? ( sorry if that’s the case). Take care. Peter
No, you’re absolutely correct there’s really no way to know if it’s in the hinge or the propeller itself. But I believe that it’s the best I can do at this point. At least I know that they are within the.05 grams of each other.
And I placed the ones that are the same on diagonal opposite corners of the drone. I hope that makes sense to you.

Not much of an issue on these small birds imo. One of my former airships (Joker II) had a rotor span of six feet and you can bet that was a crucial ship to balance....could otherwise easily vibrate into pieces, tail rotor was critical as well, each blade being almost a foot long.

I dont see how weighing props, gives you the conclusion that they are balanced? Two props can weigh the same and be way out of balance?
I'm with Thunderdrones, in the early days, every prop had to be balanced.
DUBRO499.jpg

Reactions: Porkbrains
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2