DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Propeller cage.

MavicKhan

Reactions
Why is there a "propeller cage" toggle-option available for the Mavic in the DJI GO 4 app?

There are none available for this particular UAV, right?

MK

I found these prop guards. Looks like they should be easy to remove.

I was wondering the same thing. Would be an interesting addition for indoor flying

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

A 'propeller cage' was what I thought of as a weed or kelp guard for my boat prop. In drones I think of Prop Guards as those ugly plastic things that try to keep you from destroying you prop as you bump into things. Never heard them called 'cages' before. And what would a 'setting' in the GO4 app do as regards them??

Reactions: sbels
why is there a toggle setting for that? what difference does that make?

why is there a toggle setting for that? what difference does that make?

I am only guessing at this point but I'll bet it changed the obstacle avoidance characteristic so you can fly closer
to walls and stuff.

Reactions: DJ Kim
I am only guessing at this point but I'll bet it changed the obstacle avoidance characteristic so you can fly closer
to walls and stuff.

Seems plausible !! I would also thing there might be some modified flight characteristics as well since I know the phantoms can do a few weird thing with the guards installed.

Reactions: DJ Kim
I emailed DJI's tech support about it.
They said that it's for future feature.
Toggling it won't make any differences on current version.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

What does the Prop cage setting on the App do?
Nevermind, I can't find it now anyway. Getting used to this menu system is, at best, taxing.

Last edited:
My guess is that DJ Kim's post with the email form dji is the key. It plans to use this setting to disable the forward and possibly also the downward cameras so you can get close up shots.

I do think the miss named them, they should be "Solitary Cages".

At least they aren't charging us for the addition to the app.

I agree with leenanj that it is designed to disable the cameras (forward and or down) so you can get close up shots. DJ Kim's email from dji kind of confirms that.

I think I will wait for the non gold plated ones.

They also should rename the to "Prop Solitary Cages".

Reactions: Trevlam
I have the prop guards (not the cages). They're nice for gentle bumps into the walls but don't expect them to keep your Mavic from crashing should it get a mind of its own like it does in my home. Perhaps when DJI releases a firmware that allows you to switch between GPS and ATTI mode manually they'll be more useful.

And they make the Mavic look so much better, NOT!!
Must have been designed by a separate team, the ones who usually use mops and cleaning fluids etc.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman