DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Propeller Guards

i saw your results, i did the same test, the first half of the flight was 180 degrees from previous test, the second half is as yesterday, as i see is nothing changed
1604067698920.png

The case that @Kenh6468 mentions that holds Mini w prop cage is a nice looking, functional case. I didn’t think one existed... good idea! Even if you didn’t want cages cliped on, looks like you can still make it work with cages positioned but not clipped. I like that, helps keep the package together... off hand I’d have to look for my cage box.

https://www.amazon.com/Carrying-Mavic-360°Propeller-Protection-Suitcase/dp/B08BS4SFFB/ref=sr_1_1?crid=138SZXQT6R0GP&dchild=1&keywords=flyekist&qid=1604150019&sprefix=Flyek%2Caps%2C220&sr=8-1

Last edited:
Regarding Props... Mini2 has supposedly new design (improved) props. Since the 2 Mini’s externally are identical (except LED and Battery door), as with the Mavic and Platinum... swapping props was widely applied.

I’ll be trying the Mini2 props on Mini just for interest.

Reguarding Prop Cage, I didn’t catch that the Mini2 didn’t include prop cage in FlyMore pak. All that have the Mini cages can use on Mini2.

Yes. It's important to avoid anything that bends the blades. Bending the blades over the bar in the bottom of the case is certainly not good. Folding the arms with blades crossed, and then setting the Mini down onto a tabletop will also bend the bottom blades. That's all perfectly obvious.

But the whole point of my theory, as shown in the previous posts, is that even with the blades nested "properly" into the trough in the bottom of the Fly More case, the rear blades are still being bent simply by the fact that they are forced to cross over each other.
Great posts Zbip57.
It is for this reason that I store my mini in the flymore case with the front props over their arms and the rear props pointing forwards under the gimbal cover.
In fact I, quite some time ago, cut away the forward shoulders of the case's rear motor recesses so that the blades from one side do not even have to be slightly intermeshed with the blades from the other side

Reactions: Zbip57
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tariqstudio