DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Propellers from Ali Express? Any experience? recommendations?

erezgur

Reactions
Hi,

I have a DJI mini 3 pro.

I want to buy some spare propellers, and wonder if any of you have good experience and can recommend a set from AliExpress or Amazon, since currently I can't find the DJI original in my country.

Please share if you have a good experience with any non-original props set....

Erez

@erezgur ,personally i would only get genuine DJI props myself ,but i can understand your dilemma, the main thing to watch out for is the actual wording of the sellers advert if it says suitable for the Mini 3 pro ,then i would suspect that they are third party props ,if it says genuine DJI Mini 3 pro props ,then its a good bet that they are ,but of course there are also some very good fakes around particularly in the packaging details ,which to the untrained eye appear to be genuine
sorry to be so negative but if you can try to find a DJI approved retailer and purchase from them
as far as none original props are concerned then possibly Master Airscrew props could be a good alternative but the cost of getting them to Israel could be a deal breaker

I wouldn't do it, for several reasons
1) they may not be supplied in weight matched pairs. Unmatched pairs will cause vibration of the applicable motor and remember, even if two blades have the same weight WHERE their mass is also matters because the acceleration experienced at any particular point varies with the radius of its motion. Tie a small weight to a string and whirl the weight with the string being kept short, then lengthen the string and whirl the weight at the same rpm, which string length results in the greater force on your hand and arm?
For that reason you should also change both blades on a motor NOT just one blade.

2) the quality of manufacture and materials used may be less than genuine blades supplied by DJI and or DJI's agents.
A second hand Mavic Mini or Mini 2 arrived with unfitted after market blades. In some of those blades neither the screws supplied with with them nor genuine DJI blades would fit through the screw holes, the screws are the pivots around which the blades swing. In others of these blades, the screws fitted so tightly that I would have worried that those blades would not position themselves correctly and add to any imbalance or create imbalance.

DJI only blades on my Mavic style drones.
I won't fit even blades that claim to be "genuine OEM" blades.

Last edited:
Thank you both for the quick replies.
I understand and accept.
I found these on Amazon with shipping to my country - DJI Mini 3 Pro Propeller https://a.co/d/5U7ocU6.
Are they genuine?
The shipping costs are much higher than the props cost, but at least I can order and receive them.

To me it looks as if they are from the DJI store, taking that to be true and taking it to mean they are supplied by DJI themselves then I would assume they are genuine DJI blades.
If so it is likely that they should arrive with two blades in each pack and two types of screw in each pack. They may also come in strips of two propeller packs, with one pack containing clockwise blades and the other pack anti-clockwise blades.

Two Mini 3 models use the same blades but their way of mounting the blades differ.
The pro has bosses on the top of the motor and the blades pivot on those bosses, the screws are merely there to stop the blades flying off the bosses. In the other Mini 3 model the bosses are 'missing' and the screws have a shoulder, the shoulder becomes the blade pivot and the head of the screw stops the blade flying of the shoulder.
To avoid complications newly manufactured DJI blade packs include both types of screw.

Can you not buy directly from the DJI store yourself? Or, if you bought the drone from a shop, does the shop not sell genuine blades?

Last edited:
Are they genuine?
In the product description, it does say the brand is “DJI”. And if you zoom in on the pictures, you can see the DJI logo that appears to be correct.
Looks to be the right choice to me.

Reactions: Capt KO
In the product description, it does say the brand is “DJI”. And if you zoom in on the pictures, you can see the DJI logo that appears to be correct.
Looks to be the right choice to me.
Thanks!
This is what I'll order.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan