DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Propellers life expectancy

hugomez

Reactions
Hi,

I am wondering how long I can still use the propellers until it is time to for replacement. Since I purchased the MM I've never change them. They have 9.28 hours and 57,7 km on it. No wear sign on any of them, however I am starting to worry, because I guess they may have a life expectancy.

Anybody knows?

Reactions: Guarf
The polymer, in the shade anyway, will probably last until the next coming of dinosaurs, but UV and weather exposure take a toll over time. If replacing prophylactically, I think Master Airscrew suggests 30 hrs - but I threw away the disclaimer paper that comes in the box, so can't be sure.

As an aside, depending on make and model, light aircraft props have an overhaul at anything from 400 (in the case of Stemme S10-VT) to 2,000 hours or so for most . Due to size, weight, and forces involved, larger props endure a lot more stress.

Be sure to check them during pre-flight for cracks and loose blade pivots etc. I plan to replace on condition.

I am still using the original set on my M2P for over a year with no problems. I check them thoroughly before every flight. On the mini, I would check to make sure the screws are tight from time to time.

as said above, check the screws, and examine the props when you do your preflight checks ,their lifespan is really down to use,and the places where they are flown ,provided they have not been damaged,if one day you find some damage even to just one of them,then if it were me i would change the whole set on all 4 motors, as all the props have the same flying time on them

Reactions: hugomez
I've had the same set on my Mavic Air for two years... I changed them last week as I got some Master Air Screw props. On my Mavic Pro, I'm still on the same set since I bought it on release. My Spark... yep. Same set.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman