DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Proper App?

Normp

Reactions
I have a Mini-2 in Nova Scotia. Every year I can't connect and have to uninstall the App and look for the most recent. I think I'm supposed to get the DJI Fly App, but it keeps coming up error and directs me to "Try Virtual Flight" App.

Does anyone know what to do in this situation? I'd be grateful.

I have a Mini-2 in Nova Scotia. Every year I can't connect and have to uninstall the App and look for the most recent. I think I'm supposed to get the DJI Fly App, but it keeps coming up error and directs me to "Try Virtual Flight" App.

Does anyone know what to do in this situation? I'd be grateful.
Download from DJI

Reactions: Capt KO
As stated above only download these Apps from the DJI site. Not from any app stores. There are plenty of reasons to to it that way.
Delete the old one fully before trying to download another.

Reactions: dstuart and Capt KO
As stated above only download these Apps from the DJI site. Not from any app stores. There are plenty of reasons to to it that way.
Delete the old one fully before trying to download another.
Exactly.

Here's the link to download the Fly app from DJI. Choose IOS or Android.

Thank you all!
I always uninstall first then only get Apps from DJI.
I just noticed that"suitable devices" are up to Pixel 6. But I have a Pixel 7. That's a Google phone. You'd think DJI would make their App work on that.
Perhaps I'll just try the download recommended here.
Thanks again.

My phone wouldn't let me install it. Due to security issues because it was made for an older version of my phone.
Is there another app I can use?
I do have the litchi app but I prefer DJI.

My phone wouldn't let me install it. Due to security issues because it was made for an older version of my phone.
Although Litchi is compatible with the Mini 2, I would see what DJI would say. Have you reached out to them to see if your device is compatible with their software? This is one of the reasons I use the Tripltek tablet.

Reactions: MA2 317

You might try this APK mirror site.

There are older versions of the app that may work.

Although Litchi is compatible with the Mini 2, I would see what DJI would say. Have you reached out to them to see if your device is compatible with their software? This is one of the reasons I use the Tripltek tablet.
I couldn't find anything on their website. I already looked.
Can try to boot up my old phone and install it on that.
But don't you need internet or phone service in order to fly?

You can download to your PC and then transfer the app vial USB

No, internet and phone service are not required to fly. Without wifi, you won't be able to download maps during flight, but you can do that in advance on your home network. The maps are cached and available for use during flight.

When you tried to install the Fly app, was the security message you saw a warning that you could skip or was it a complete refusal to install it?

I find it odd that you have to reinstall the app, are you perhaps confusing the need to log in with disconnection ?
The fly app has a automated timeout log out though what starts or resets the clock is uncertain.
An internet connection is required when logging in but, other than that and the map thing already mentioned, there is no need for an internet connection.

@Normp, I did a quick search and there are many reports of incompatibility between the Pixel 7 and the DJI Fly app. It's been an issue since 2022. Here are two relevant discussions.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This discussion includes one user who has been successful with the Pixel 7. If you're seeing a connection error, this may help.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Cafguy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alphaagentleads