DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Proper settings for Sport videography?

Perpetual

Reactions
What would be the best settings for the Mavic Pro for shooting Track and Field shots?

I'm using true 4k at 24FPS right now. Seems to be working out alright, was just wondering if there were better settings for this type of shot.

Below is an example of what I've done

Reactions: Bunny Too
What would be the best settings for the Mavic Pro for shooting Track and Field shots?

I'm using true 4k at 24FPS right now. Seems to be working out alright, was just wondering if there were better settings for this type of shot.

I think you have good footage, the advantage of 4k is you can do a lot in post production, except for a few soft focus scenes I like your footage.
Regards,
-d.

Reactions: Perpetual

You can try Active Track, spotlight sub-mode. If someone else is filming, you can fly your Mav anywhere you want and the subject will remain in the shot.

I think you have good footage, the advantage of 4k is you can do a lot in post production, except for a few soft focus scenes I like your footage.
Regards,
-d.

I just received the ND filters to help with that! Hopefully the 16 grade is good enough for Florida sunshine, if the exposure on the sky is still off Ill get my hands on the 32 grade filter.

So do you think 24 FPS is fine or should I switch over to 30 FPS?

You can try Active Track, spotlight sub-mode. If someone else is filming, you can fly your Mav anywhere you want and the subject will remain in the shot.

I've done active track, the standard track mode stays a bit too far back for my liking. In that video I had profile tracking which works better and stays closer; only issue Ive had is where I've kept my drone to close at the start and it loses track of me. Ill give the spotlight mode a try! I haven't tested that out yet

I just received the ND filters to help with that! Hopefully the 16 grade is good enough for Florida sunshine, if the exposure on the sky is still off Ill get my hands on the 32 grade filter.

So do you think 24 FPS is fine or should I switch over to 30 FPS?

I've done active track, the standard track mode stays a bit too far back for my liking. In that video I had profile tracking which works better and stays closer; only issue Ive had is where I've kept my drone to close at the start and it loses track of me. Ill give the spotlight mode a try! I haven't tested that out yet
I think the 24 fps looks more natural, 30 will look more like a TV or video, are you doing this for training purposes? If so 30 fps will give you five more frames to analyze your stride (the person in the video has a nice stride.) The filters should help quite a bit and will look amazing at 24 or 30.
Regards,
-d.

I think the 24 fps looks more natural, 30 will look more like a TV or video, are you doing this for training purposes? If so 30 fps will give you five more frames to analyze your stride (the person in the video has a nice stride.) The filters should help quite a bit and will look amazing at 24 or 30.
Regards,
-d.

Alright, I keep working with 24FPS as well as 96 at 1080p for slow-motion. I guess the frame rate will depend on the type of workout session. Also, thank you for the compliment! That is me in the video. I purchased the Mavic for training purposes and self-promotion

if you want more flexibility while editing shoot C4K (4096×2160) @ 24. it'll give you some cropping room and still allow 4k output.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661