DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Proper storage?

DrizzyDrones

Reactions
Ok so i was too inpatient to wait for a fly more combo to become available so I ordered just the regular. Before I even read about the prop problem I didn’t like how the Props just flopped around with no case I had to take extra care when bringing it somewhere.. to be honest i felt that leaving it unfolded was less likely to do damage so I stored it unfolded on a shelf while waiting for the prop guards to arrive. I bought the silicone ones. Now i feel better when bringing it places first cpl days I literally unfolded the arms and layed it open on passenger seat .. question. Do you think these are good for extended storage? From what I gather seems like people who have long periods without flying have prop issue from storage flattened props. I have been laying it back into the box it came in with the guards on . Is there a correct order to fold them together when putting the guards on? I notice sometimes they seem stacked nicely and sometimes i have to restack them. Do you think it’s better to lay it in the box or store it vertical (like it would be in the dome) that way theres no pressure on any of the props. Or mabye it would be better to store it unfolded on a shelf and use the guards when bringing it places. What are your thoughts? Also is there a certain way to put the guards On they seen like they aren slightly different shape and have

Attachments

• E0FBA826-8E1A-4DCF-86FD-4800599F9320.jpeg
    E0FBA826-8E1A-4DCF-86FD-4800599F9320.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 45
  • 8DB45824-3D66-4F38-BDCA-5A1DE912B365.jpeg
    8DB45824-3D66-4F38-BDCA-5A1DE912B365.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 44
  • D2A19F39-89B8-4120-8F65-C319D8DA103E.jpeg
    D2A19F39-89B8-4120-8F65-C319D8DA103E.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 42
As per my yesterday post (updated this morning) while the case or an improper storage can bend the props, I think there's something else.

Im was more or less asking for opinions if I am better off leaving it opend on a shelf or are these solicone guards fine for several days of down time. I haven’t had the problem yet as my mini is pretty new but I would much rather prevent it. Was considering the charging dome without prop guards for storage and use the guards when taking it place to place. I have A cpl batteries on the way scince I didn’t get the fly more. I don’t want to go buy each individual accessory. If you think the dome would be a good storage option I might get that any thoughts

If I'm not planning on flying for days on end (like wintertime when it s just too cold to fly) I'll probably take it out of the case.

I have the exact same prop guard and colour. It's not the best to keep them in place ALL the time...sometimes the props slide out, but it's the best option without causing unnecessary pressure downwards on the props so as NOT to force them closer to the body...and thus, run a risk of causing chaffing against the body when flying in sports mode, as some have reported. I will report here if I have any such issues using this guard.

RoOSTA

I made my own case that allows the MM to be unfolded, and the propellers can only move a small bit. If you search my screen name...I made a post of the case...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deauxpamine